trailer damaged while fishing

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went out with a buddy on Monday from kniefel ramp and someone hit my boat trailer in the parking lot mid day. They hit my drivers side taillight and bracket. The bracket is bolted to the frame with 1/4" x 2" x4" pc of steel and has a 1/8" x 1.5" x 4" angled coming off of that. They bent and twisted both pieces beyond repair and obliterated the brand new led taillight I installed on Friday. It put a small bow in the trailer frame where the light bracket was mounted which can be fixed with a big enough hammer and cracked the top weld on the rear cross member. It's a fairly lightweight trailer for my 14' boat but it appears to have been hit pretty hard. Not just a glance where the guy maybe didn't know he hit anything. Didn't leave a note or anything. A-hole.

To top it off my buddy was driving back to grand forks after that and went thru minot to drop off some work stuff and stopped to do some shore fishing at devils lake at sundown. He stopped and fished under a bridge for about an hour. There was about 10-12 "Asian" ish people there at the same time. He said he had topped off his gas in Rugby and had an almost full tank when he stopped. Someone siphoned off his gas while he was fishing and he barely made it to the gas station his car was literally shutting off as he pulled up to the pump.

Anybody else have stupid shit happen when you're trying to enjoy fishing?

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah, I've had my trailer hit before as well. Cost me a new tail light.

For the most part though, I've never seen or heard of too much bad stuff at the ramp parking lots. Yeah, you get the occasional missing hitch, and even heard of a trailer being stolen up on DL quite a few years ago. But for the most part it's pretty safe.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Geez! was a crappy day indeed. Sounds like he got in someones basshole :;:smokin
I had an a$$wipe do the same thing to my trailer at East Bay Campground one day
For every 10 good ones out there is always the 11th needing a punch to the nards

Last edited:

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Geez! was a crappy day indeed. Sounds like he got in someones white bass hole
I had an a$$wipe do the same thing to my trailer at East Bay Campground one day
For every 10 good ones out there is always the 11th needing a punch to the nards

I had my receiver hitch taken while out fishing. Assholes just unhooked my trailer and took it right off.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Damn, don't people know how to drive, by reading this apparently not...for shits sake....

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had my trailer get hit up at LOW. As I was walking to my truck to load at the end of the day the guy came running after me. He had been waiting around the marina hoping to catch me. His girlfriend was parking his rig and she bumped my trailer. He insisted on giving me $50 even though I told him it was not necessary and I was just glad he told me about it. Just broke the tail light for the most part. There are still good people out there!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it surprises me that the Hmong would have stole your gas since I have never seen one that doesn't drive a Toyota and those cars are known for their excellent fuel economy...

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not trying to make an excuse for the A hole but I have almost hit trailers in that lot several times. There is somthing about the angle of the spots and the river right behind you that make you want to cut it way more than neccessary.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Whoever decided it was a good idea to put those giant rocks in the kniefel parking lot is a freaking moron. Must have decided protecting all that dirt behind it was necessary ;:;banghead It can be a major pain in the ass to try and back out of a few of those spots, especially when parking lot is full. With that said, if you damage someone else’s rig, own up to it!

boatrmp.jpg

Last edited:

SlamminSalmon

Honored Member
A couple of years ago I stopped fishing Audubon by Totten Trail because 2 trips in a row cost me 2 taillights on the trailer. No notes or anything just got tired of the hassle.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I had my receiver hitch taken while out fishing. Assholes just unhooked my trailer and took it right off.
I have a locking pin for my 4way receiver hitch and a padlock for my boat hitch. that makes sure its there when I get off the water.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88