Trailer

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am looking into a trailer to haul a quad and a fish house. I have a 18ft tandem car trailer, but dont want to haul that around ice fishing.

This would also couple for hauling the lawn mower around to looking at something 6ft wide, but dont know how long is optimal.

Any suggestions, also if anyone has experience in the Fargo area with companys that sell them let me know. Try to get it at a reasonable price, but also looking for something fairly quick.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is what I have.. works slick..
[h=1]Carry-On 6x12 Trailer with Treated Floor[/h]MFG #: 6X12GWATV SKU #: 21820599
6X12GWATV.jpg

$1,549.99
Due to the oversize dimensions of this product, please contact L&M Supply for a shipping quote. Toll Free 1-800-662-3580 or email info@landmsupply.com

- - - Updated - - -

This is what I have.. works slick..
[h=1]Carry-On 6x12 Trailer with Treated Floor[/h]MFG #: 6X12GWATV SKU #: 21820599
6X12GWATV.jpg

$1,549.99
Due to the oversize dimensions of this product, please contact L&M Supply for a shipping quote. Toll Free 1-800-662-3580 or email info@landmsupply.com

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you're going to buy a trailer anyway, I would look at an enclosed trailer with a ramp door. A bit more cash up front, but a whole lot more versatile and keeps your stuff from getting rock racked while being pulled. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Forgot to add, I'd look at 6 X 12 or bigger to fit both machine and house.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Actually I use the side ramp often. I have a Polaris 550 sportsman that loads nicely on the side. That side ramp also comes in handy should some bozo park too close behind your trailer as you can load/unload out the side. If I am ever trailering empty, I just fold the ramps down on the bed of trailer.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm in the same boat right now. I can't decide if i want to just go cheap and get a used two place snowmobile trailer or if i should get a nice trailer like you guys have.

bigv

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same boat as well. Been looking for an atv trailer for some time. Don't want to break the bank but then again, don't want junk. Everything leads me to buying all aluminum. Lighter, no rust worries like steal and no wood floor rot worries. Yet, more expensive.

Yoby

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was also looking at this guy, but I'm not quite sure if its large enough.
IMG_3401.JPG

https://www.outletrecreation.com/Trailer.aspx?qs=6BkLA1eG9yfo71CuOpD5kw==

- - - Updated - - -

[h=3]For Sale at our Fargo ND Location[/h]
New/Used:
New

Year:

Manufacturer:
Stealth

Model:
Phantom II

Size:
5X8

Outlet Pricing: OUTLET PRICE $1,499
Description: These trailer have 3500 lb axles, LED lights, radial tires and come with a 3 year warranty. Contact Chad (701-212-2289) for more info.

- - - Updated - - -

have looked into the enclosed as well. Man would it be nice, but it looks like your investment is 2x.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had a good farm buddy sell me one of his, it is 7X16 tandem. It rides real nice with the tandem axle. It was 20 years old so I picked it up pretty cheap, I then put tires on it, as the old ones were shot. Then the week before Christmas this year I decided to have the bearings repacked or replaced at a cost of $80 a tire. It turned out one of the bearings was run dry and actually got so hot that it welded to the hub, and created a situation involving replacing the entire axle, entire cost was $945.00.

This bargain 20 year old trailer cost me with repairs more than had I picked up a new one same make and model.
With the purchase price of the trailer, the tires, and the repair work I have $1900 into this bargain.

I would recommend just picking up a new one, and leave the farm ones on the farm...;:;banghead

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you buy a trailer with the mesh ramp in the back like shown in the first picture that back ramp will act like a sail! My brother in law has that exact one and my tandem axle car hauler pulls way easier! It is a nice trailer but we pull it with the ramp laid flat on the trailer bed if at all possible.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you buy a trailer with the mesh ramp in the back like shown in the first picture that back ramp will act like a sail! My brother in law has that exact one and my tandem axle car hauler pulls way easier! It is a nice trailer but we pull it with the ramp laid flat on the trailer bed if at all possible.

yes - heard this from several people

DJE

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep an eye on Craigslist. I was in the same situation this summer and found a 7x12 aluminum with torsion axe for $1700. It was only a couple years old and like new condition.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have an 8x14 tandem axle v-front drive on-drive off 3 place snowmobile trailer. It's long enough to drive an ATV/Snomobile on with a tub/sled style house hooked to the back of it. Get where you're going, put the ramp on the front, drive off, heading home, put the ramp on the back, drive on. Wide enough to put 2 rigs on that way.

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use a 8.5 X 10 sled trailer. Works great for everything. House on one side sled or quad on the other. Tilt bed is easy to use.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88