Transporting game/fish

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bottom line is that there are a ton of laws that we routinely break as a matter of daily living. The key thing is to not draw attention to it, less we risk yet another rule/law to clarify the existing ones that contain both overreach and need for officers to use some discretion.

When is the last time any of us have heard of someone getting a ticket for transporting cooked pheasant, or a bag of frozen fish gifted to an elderly couple without the proper paperwork?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the bottom line is that there are a ton of laws that we routinely break as a matter of daily living. The key thing is to not draw attention to it, less we risk yet another rule/law to clarify the existing ones that contain both overreach and need for officers to use some discretion.

When is the last time any of us have heard of someone getting a ticket for transporting cooked pheasant, or a bag of frozen fish gifted to an elderly couple without the proper paperwork?
The point most are missing is - WHY IS THERE SUCH IDIOTIC LAWS AS THIS ? An overzealous warden or police officer could technically charge someone with multiple counts of illegally possessing or transporting wild game for taking ( insert any number) jars of canned pheasant, lets say give to grandma. Now you get to hire an attorney, take the day off work, go to court and defend yourself. not to mention that if you and grandma discussed you bringing the pheasant before hand you both could possibly be charged with conspiracy. I know this is far fetched but with idiotic laws like this it could become a reality for someone.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Transportation of canned wild game

Called the NDGF today to ask about how to transport canned(jar or can) pheasant and was told that you must consume (in this case pheasant) where you process it. I told the lady-(politely)that once it’s canned it‘s cooked and you should be able to transport the canned product. No dice. I asked her about transportation canned salmon that I can in Alaska, or a cooler of frozen halibut and she said she wouldn’t answer that question. I finally hung up on her when I told her the law has loopholes and she was snotty like a career government nipple sucker who wouldn’t know a can of pheasant from a can of dog shit. I understand rules, but does anyone talk to real people before they make them?
Hope you didn't ask about hen pheasants or bald eagles.:cool:

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who gives a shit anymore…… half the population either has too much money they can buy themselves out of following laws or they are so broke it doesn’t matter how much they break laws as it’s a cost to tax payers only and they just stay broke and on welfare. Fuck it. Laws only affect the middle class and half of the game laws on the books are a means to collect fines (taxes) and little logical sense. Just send it…..

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The point most are missing is - WHY IS THERE SUCH IDIOTIC LAWS AS THIS ? An overzealous warden or police officer could technically charge someone with multiple counts of illegally possessing or transporting wild game for taking ( insert any number) jars of canned pheasant, lets say give to grandma. Now you get to hire an attorney, take the day off work, go to court and defend yourself. not to mention that if you and grandma discussed you bringing the pheasant before hand you both could possibly be charged with conspiracy. I know this is far fetched but with idiotic laws like this it could become a reality for someone.

The law books are filled with such "idiotic" laws. The purposes for them are not always very clear, but if one looks at some of the grossest violators of our fish and game laws, you know...the Sconis, Minnetuckians, etc...we are glad to have multiple avenues for prosecuting those dumbasses.

I could be wrong, but I am guessing that the first game warden who tries to make a name for himself by ticketing little old ladies who have been gifted fish by their son or neighbor is going to be soon looking for employment. So, you and I sit and worry about overly zealous enforcement of such laws, but in reality actual examples of this are few and far between.

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don’t allow MN/WI hunters or fisherman in our state and the poaching, gross over limits, posted land and many other things would be cut by 80%… sad that 2 states could ruin our heritage but it’s happening… plus it seems every person that the Game and Fish have hired in the past 5 years are originally from MN.. their ideas didn’t work there so why bring that crap here?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 101
  • This month: 53
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 24
  • This month: 23
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18