Treble Hooks

Gotgame

Needing to replace a bunch of treble hooks. Where do you buy bulk hooks and what brands do you use for replacement. Needing several different sizes.

Wallike

★★★ Legendary Member
Great question. Are you going to replace them with the same size or change size? Something I've read some people do.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dakota tackle will have bulk hooks. If you want to order them online, cedarrunoutdoors.com

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
The shipping costs if ordering smaller quantities, say a hundred or less, online might make that route more expensive so watch for that. Any of the DIY tackle companies will have what you need. I really like Owner hooks myself, but they are actually too strong for what I do. I loose too many baits if I use owner hooks as they don't bend very much. I use mostly Eagle claw hooks as they will bend if I snag wood or rock and I don't bust off as much. One look down the Sheyenne river and you'll see what I mean. I usually upsize my hooks as well. Some of those cranks really have small hooks and it makes me shake my head sometimes. Good Luck!!!

Gotgame

Wade is great to work with at Dakota Tackle, what a great little gem in Bismarck. Typically I keep them the same size otherwise the dive curve changes. Every once and awhile I will change the size on the larger plugs, maybe go a size bigger with the hooks and right now I have about ten years worth of plugs to repair. Any thoughts on type of hook or color.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have a bunch of smaller #6 I would let go cheap. Used to make custom lures and don't make any more.

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
Check out hagensfish.com. They are a bulk distributor out of south dakota and they are who I get all the materials for my tackle business from. Their prices are great. They do have "minimum quantities" but you can order less thann their listed minimum quantity, you just have to pay an extra $1.00 if you don't order enough of a particular item to meet the minimum quantity requirement.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 106
  • This month: 74
  • This month: 60
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 44
  • This month: 39
  • This month: 34