Twins

Sluggo

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m a purist but I think where we are at technologically it’s time for computers to call balls and strikes. It’s just too simple and totally fair. Ump can still be back there for calling all other things. Check swings can be determined by overhead camera in a matter of seconds now days
YES, THIS!! Bring on the computers, so tired of the arbitrary calls. The ump could have a device on him that the computer tells whether it was a strike or a ball and he could still pretend to be making the call. The only difference would be that it would be consistent. And if he said Strike when the computer told him Ball, he would get a zap of electricity sent through him. (OK, the last part probably isn't necessary but I think it would make a good ump training exercise)

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
YES, THIS!! Bring on the computers, so tired of the arbitrary calls. The ump could have a device on him that the computer tells whether it was a strike or a ball and he could still pretend to be making the call. The only difference would be that it would be consistent. And if he said Strike when the computer told him Ball, he would get a zap of electricity sent through him. (OK, the last part probably isn't necessary but I think it would make a good ump training exercise)
They’re experimenting with it in the minors I guess. So won’t be long I don’t think.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84