UPS in Bismarck

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be a mistake or this fits some procedural issue. You fellers seriously need to have some mercy. The volume is overwhelming and I'm surprised and thankful there's not more fatalities.

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
It could be a mistake or this fits some procedural issue. You fellers seriously need to have some mercy. The volume is overwhelming and I'm surprised and thankful there's not more fatalities.

There has been a sharp increase in the number of box handler fatalities due to over exhaustion over the last decade…

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's sad. I've been both a car loader and driver. It's no damn joke and I've never worked peak.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I know they have a tough job, svn, especially this time of the year. However, this day in age, its scanned and placed in the corresponding bin. It was sitting in Bismarck for two days and then makes it's way south all of a sudden. In the end, I'm not that upset as it isn't something I really need at the moment. Now my friggen rotisserie motor is needed as I have ton of baits to top coat and my lure turner took a dump.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fine, it's a mistake. Holy hell. They emphasis speed over accuracy which is a recipe for a eff up.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
And peak and a blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

And folks not putting effing numbers on their mailboxes or otherwise identifying their property (slight tangent) for the rural carriers.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well I finally got two packages today. One was 9 days late and one was ten. Hopefully I can get one more squeezed out of them before Christmas to fill the kids stockings.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
I drove by the north bismarck UPS location tonight at about 8:45 pm and I've never seen so many UPS and UHAUL trucks in my life. They are doing the best they can that's for sure. Just pissed that the effing protestor supporters have something to do with the delay of packages for the average citizen of bisman. Saw some hit the interstate the other day. Obvious by the mountain bikes and kayaks atop the vehicles and out of state plates. I sure hope the door hits them on the ass!!!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey, we have a community mail box in front of my residence. I even clean the snow on both sides of it. Really though svn, I get the issues and am being patient.

The blu ray player is here. It was the rotisserie motor that went south for the winter. Angry face emoticon.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regardless of outside influences, everyone else, in every other job, is still held accountable. They arent missionaries. They're a package delivery company.

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Regardless of outside influences, everyone else, in every other job, is still held accountable. They arent missionaries. They're a package delivery company.

Ah held accountable? Ok ill start Politicians, weathermen, fastfood workers, stoned servers I could go on. Pointing out others flaws makes our own marginal efforts less noticable.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
I carry $1-3 Million in malpractice insurance. That's to be held accountable if I don't do my job correctly. Like I said, every job is subject to the service they provide. Weather delays; I get it and won't get upset with it. Shipping something from California - KY-SD-ND(place of delivery)-SD-MN-? That's not weather related, that someone not doing their job correctly.

This is dumb to even argue about. I'm out.

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
It must be just a Bismarck thing? All of my stuff has been arriving on time and intact. Even had one delivered on a day that I didn't really want to open the door because it was so cold and windy. Props to the delivery guys out there busting thier hump in the cold so I don't have to.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have another delivery story to share. hahahahaha
Decided to have a pizza delivered the other nite from a local franchised pizza place cuz it was my turn to cook. haha
It was like 6:45pm. First place I called(preferred establishment for said pizza) I let phone ring 9-10 times to no avail. Hung up and tried a couple minutes later, let ring 9-10 times and still no answer. I decided that establishment didn't want my business so dialed up another pizza place. 9-10 rings later phone was answered and took my order..ordered 2 medium as that was the deal of the day. This was at 7pm. They told me it would be about an hour. 8:20 comes and no pizzas. Call was made. "Sorry but we are extremely busy, we will give you a 50% discount. Your order just went out along with 3 others, should be there in no time." 8:45pm comes and goes. Another call was made. Mgr on duty apologized. I said that wasn't good enough as we were hungry and were turning on the oven as it will probably be cold if it ever does show up. He said there would be no charge. 8:50 pizza lady finally arrives at door and asks me how I am....HUNGRY . She said I understand there is no charge so here you go, have a nice nite. yeah...sure ..yep ..pizzas were cold. Stuck one in fridge for another day and reheated the other for consumption. Pizza place will not see anymore business from me.;:;rant

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had the FedEx guy show up at my house a while back, I gave him a ice cold Pepsi, and a sandwich.

doing nice things is neat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 13
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 9
  • This month: 7
  • This month: 6