Us old feller's~

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Neighborhood street football, hide and seek after dark and smear the queer were my favorites in the 70s and early 80s. Also had a secret club behind the garage where I learned to play poker and smoke cigarettes in 5th grade. Good times.

Agreed fly,the simple life,street ball,making forts in the nearby field,trapping/skinning critters for a few bucks,how dis we ever survive w/o cell phones?

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
street football - all winter using a Nerf football - even under the street lights week nights

glorious

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I remembered when it was cool to work all day, eating my sandwich with dirty hands and not worrying about hand sanitizer. Growing up on a hobby farm where we raised turkeys, chickens, cows and pigs which that money subsidied are living expenses. Wearing second hand clothing from the other extended family members kids who grew out of them, worked after school doing chores and standing outside holding a flashlight when the old diesel 560 armall international wouldn’t start. The old man cut wood and the rest of the family would haul it out of the bush to the grain truck. Then I would have to split it by hand, throw it down the cellar steps to the basement, and then stack it.
Yeah I grew up with food stamps and fuel oil assistance but it wasn't something that was tooken advantage of where it was used exclusively during the winter months when one paycheck wasn't enough.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88