Utv

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think parts and repair is easier with the Polaris as they have twice as many dealers and vehicles out there.

I have a Polaris, and really like it, a farm buddy has both, and he likes his Honda better. I use mine for fun, he uses his for work.

I think this is the Ford, Chevy argument as both are quality, but we all know Fords are better.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tritonman, do the 1000 have the hydraulic torque converter like the previous 700's ?

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I do like the fact I can throw my tracked RZR on a single axle utility trailer. She is an '09 and I haven't had any issues yet(knock on wood). Still running the original belt, but I probably should change that.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Not a custom trailer, 84" wide between the fenders.

IMAG5524.jpg

Enslow I have about 10 miles on this rig so my experience is limited but I knew before I bought the rig that if you were not moving you were not steering.

I hope I don't have to lick any wounds...

Just take it slow with that rig. If you flip a track it will tear out the whole fender. I flipped a track on my tacoma when i broke through the crust. I had a 6 inch lift that saved me from losing the fender. Stay away from snowbanks and ditches and you will be fine.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Polaris owners, how hard to change a belt out in the field ? Like a sled, just a few basic tools ?

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Same principle...pull the clutch cover and with some effort you can swap the belt

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Honda 1000 has a dual clutch transmission instead of the torque converter that the 700 has. Both have there advantages. I do like the six speed transmission a lot in the 1000. It has high and low range also and coupled with tracks it is geared down nicely.

ndskeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Honda 1000 has a dual clutch transmission instead of the torque converter that the 700 has. Both have there advantages. I do like the six speed transmission a lot in the 1000. It has high and low range also and coupled with tracks it is geared down nicely.

What kind of top speed are you finding with the tracks on your Honda? The new Polaris 900s have more than enough power and I've also noticed zero issues turning the tracks through whatever I point it at. According to the GPS I have mounted in there my top speed with the tracks is 30 mph which was a little faster than I was expecting. I might have ended up with a Honda if it functioned better as a multiple passenger vehicle. If you ever haul 3 people with you or more the people in the back aren't going to be happy with how Honda set up the cab system and you lose the box capacity when you use the back seats which is why I chose the ranger crew. You do have a nice ride though.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
knock on wood I have yet to need a belt change.
I am easy with my stuff though, and rarely use it like a company vehicle.

Tritonman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Top speed is about. The same as a ranger 65 mph on the speedometer forty or so on the ground. Pulling the yeti around fifteen seems to be about right. Picking your gear is nice for gas mileage

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 32
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10