Van Hook Classic 2017

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
So was everyone fishing the same area or are the mid 20 inch fish everywhere up there

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
d1.jpgd2.jpgd3.jpgd4.jpgd5.jpg

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
So was everyone fishing the same area or are the mid 20 inch fish everywhere up there

I haven't personally been up there yet. my wifes family has a cabin on van hook. from what they are telling me the nice fish are pretty much everywhere.

I choose to slay 12" walleys on the river instead.........haha freaking june is always hard to get away with family events planned. I hope to be up at the hook a lot come july

Riverbottoms

★★★★ Legendary Member
There were lots of big fish in the area we fished. We're just glad they decided to bite our rigs! 31.24 the day 1 and 28.67 day 2. Thanks to our family for coming and sharing the moment with us!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
There were lots of big fish in the area we fished. We're just glad they decided to bite our rigs! 31.24 the day 1 and 28.67 day 2. Thanks to our family for coming and sharing the moment with us!
great job you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

the 20" fish are all over. bigger ones are more in certain areas for the most part I think. We caught fish in 14 and as deep as 32. seemed like the areas that we were seeing huge clouds of bait fish wouldn't produce because there was too much food available in that spot. At least that's what it seemed like was happening for us.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member

Congrats that is quite impressive and to win by 9# even more so. overall the weights were on the higher end of things. 2016 in the 30# won the dam thing I do believe. My comment was not to take anything away from anyone or come off as arrogant I hope it didn't.. ive just talked with several people up there in it doesn't seem to matter exactly were at in the arm you fish, seems like people are doing well. getting them to bite is the secret I haven't figured out yet. haha congrats again!

Fisherman25

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some amazing weights top to bottom. I don't remember ever seeing the bottom of the field still being close to 30#. Goes to show the health of the fishery currently. That'll change a few strategies for the AIM this coming weekend.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Some amazing weights top to bottom. I don't remember ever seeing the bottom of the field still being close to 30#. Goes to show the health of the fishery currently. That'll change a few strategies for the AIM this coming weekend.
Like dropping a hundo off at Indian hills.

JB_24

Founding Member
Founding Member

I have a feeling making that run will be a Sunday morning decision for a lot of teams depending on the wind conditions. I know the east end has been kind of a grind, at least for me.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
fishing has been good as far deep as deepwater from what I've been told. I don't know anything about further south than that. I can't imagine that it won't be going hard on the whole lake really soon.

Tim Sandstrom

Founding Member
Founding Member
you can weigh up to ten a day but only use five highest weights toward your total. Saturday the wind was out of the west and Friday it was SE. Could have fished Friday even with higher wind because it doesn't get nearly as bad with a west wind. But honestly, we needed a day of recover after Friday's ass kicking out there. Today was great. Perfect fishing weather the majority of the day.

Personally I would have preferred a SE wind. It was much more fishable because it was big rollers. Very big but easily backtrollable. The west wind created a choppy mess.

Founding Member
Founding Member
fishing has been good as far deep as deepwater from what I've been told. I don't know anything about further south than that. I can't imagine that it won't be going hard on the whole lake really soon.

I think the entire lake is probably pretty solid right now. This was today's two man limit and we were a long way from the arm. Congrats to the winners, what a memorable one! Wish all tourneys were catch and release..
IMG_20170612_121233025.jpg

Flatrock

Founding Member
Founding Member
great job you guys.

- - - Updated - - -

the 20" fish are all over. bigger ones are more in certain areas for the most part I think. We caught fish in 14 and as deep as 32. seemed like the areas that we were seeing huge clouds of bait fish wouldn't produce because there was too much food available in that spot. At least that's what it seemed like was happening for us.

I was up there last week fishing and caught them from 5-23 feet. The 2 biggest came between 5-7 feet. Fish are scattered all over the place.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think the entire lake is probably pretty solid right now. This was today's two man limit and we were a long way from the arm. Congrats to the winners, what a memorable one! Wish all tourneys were catch and release..
27797659_1735492693211632_4762429909575972574_o.jpg
Wishes all tourneys were catch and release followed by a pic of a live well of mid lake piggy's :;:duel

- - - Updated - - -

#guiltymyself

Founding Member
Founding Member
We released everything over 23 today.
:;:cheers:;:cheers
What a gorgeous morning it was.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got to love those days I knew I should have taken another day off!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 146
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88