vet parade

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Two old vets, a daughter, a fire truck and a handful of people watching.
What more could one want.
Daughter did purchase two t-shirts and gave me one.

I guess at that time we were maybe the best there was but for sure we were the ones getting drafted and the ones who were willing to go. I do not hang my hat on that t-shirt statement. I stated earlier what happen when I came home and that first night in the local bar. I adjusted that night and the next day life went on and California here I come with some buddies.

Yes it was a poor man's conflict IMHO. My folks where in a financial position to keep me in school to avoid going and my mother had asked me to enroll for the fall again. However once I got to the school to enroll I said that is enough and instead went to the draft board. I think back now on that and can not imagine what she felt when I came home and told her that.

But college for me, the main goal was not learning but adjusting to life. Farm boy in a big town and ah the memories adjusting. So after four years I had no more desire to open a book, learn and take test, I was 21 and I felt that was enough adjusting to the women and beer. I needed to move forward with my life and that meant the start point was servicing our country. However the beer kept coming and the women, ah.

But that t-shirt my daughter wore put a warm feeling inside of me. db

Attachments

20190329_130749 (003).jpg DSCN9191.jpg

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 157
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 114
  • This month: 95