Well this isn' good for anyone

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is this the bitch that called her kid stupid for getting caught? If so ya she can rot.
. he got caught looking up ammunition on a school computer, and that is what her comment on getting caught was about. what would you say if your child was caught looking up ammunition on his phone during school ?

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
insurance company. If you have too low of limits for accident then yes they can come after the parents. Buy yourself a personal umbrella policy if this concerns you.
that would be a civil issue the I assume the question was criminally charge the parent
Parents fault for sure hang all three, bought kid gun, gave piece paper with all drawings and they still did not care. She said I wish he would of killed us. All worthless human beings.
Does your kid have a gun ? I know mine son received his 1st gun from his grandfather when he was 7

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can’t drop out of high school till you are 18 down here. Your not getting any medical procedures till you are 18 either with out parents permission.

Till a kid is 18 they are your responsibility. You just can’t pick and choose when you want to be responsible for them it’s a full time 24. 7 365 job. Problem is most parents put the blame on everyone or everything else. It’s never their little Johnny or Susie.
Civilly responsible yes but should not be criminally responsible.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why aren't they charging parents before this? There are teenagers committing murder all the time and this is the first case I ever remember them doing this. There are also teens DRIVING and injuring and killing people while breaking driving laws, and I never ever heard of them charging parents criminally for it.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
So why aren't they charging parents before this? There are teenagers committing murder all the time and this is the first case I ever remember them doing this. There are also teens DRIVING and injuring and killing people while breaking driving laws, and I never ever heard of them charging parents criminally for it.
Cars and guns are different. I dont think we want the state licensing us if we can have guns.

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
insurance company. If you have too low of limits for accident then yes they can come after the parents. Buy yourself a personal umbrella policy if this concerns you.
I did that when kids started driving was cheap policy same if I hit bus full of people.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cars and guns are different. I dont think we want the state licensing us if we can have guns.
Two teens in Nevada just killed a retired LEO with a car. Cars can be used as weapons. Why no charges on the parents?

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Criminally liable isn’t right. But there needs to be some parental responsibility here. It’s no different than parents providing booze to kids and then an auto accident happening. The parents provided something the kid legally can’t possess, which then caused harm to others. Should they get charged with vehicular homicide? No. Should they be charged with furnishing alcohol to a minor? Yes. The parents bought a handgun for their kid and didn’t maintain control of it. They’re guilty of something, but it shouldn’t be like they pulled the trigger.

It’s an also easy to sit and say the kid needs to be responsible for it. But if I’m a parent of one of the victims, or of a child killed in an accident like above, it would be difficult to not place blame and want consequences on the parents. And school too. Lots of inaction all around in this situation.

But I do agree with Kurt that parents need to have a lot more accountability too. That’s why we’re at this place, kids do whatever and parents sit back with palms up acting like they couldn’t do anything. It’s one thing if the kid broke into the safe. It’s another when he’s got clear issues and has the gun in his bedroom.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Two teens in Nevada just killed a retired LEO with a car. Cars can be used as weapons. Why no charges on the parents?
If they told their parents they were going to go run over some one then charge them with conspiracy of some sort. By the looks their isnt much parenting involved with those two.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's a common thing to look towards the parents, but isn't it reality that more persons than the parents are influential on a person? Siblings, friends, relatives, classmates, rivals, preists... Even when both parents are present and active, outside influences are important.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wonder if the kid was charged as an adult and sentenced as an adult for the crimes committed?

Fish On!

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Sooo from my understanding of this case the parents had multiple warning signs plain as day that the kid was nuts. Instead of figuring out how to un nut him they buy him a gun....yeah I would say they should be held responsible. As a parent I am responsible for my kid...and as what I would refer to as a responsible parent..involved parent if I had ANY sign I thought my kids may be a little off the rocker I wouldn't be buying them a gun. Car, hammer, drill, saw, motorcycle etc are in my opinion way different then a gun..yes they can all kill if used for that intention. The purpose of those items are not to kill.... a gun however is ment to kill...yes yes I get target practice etc...the intent of a gun is to kill..whether that's an animal or person. What I would say is a responsible gun owner my guns and ammo are all locked up...not because I don't trust my kids but because I believe they should be stored in a secure location regardless of having kids..again my opinion and i get others would disagree. The parents from this case and what I understand of the case made the gun and ammunition readily available to him knowing he was bat shit crazy...yet they shouldn't be held acountable??? So only accountable when they do good...but not bad? Yeah that's my kid johny he straight A student and getting scholarship I am fully responsible for him and his success......nope not responsible for my kid when I gave him a gun and ammo and knew he was nuts....makes sense to me. Now if this kid stole a gun etc and did this.. parents should be no way responsible. I think this all comes down to them knowingly getting this kid a gun and having some indication of what may happen.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wonder if the kid was charged as an adult and sentenced as an adult for the crimes committed?

Fish On!
You need to the Matt Walsh video.

They're changing the kid as an adult.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Negligence is negligence it doesn’t matter what object was used
If they told their parents they were going to go run over some one then charge them with conspiracy of some sort. By the looks their isnt much parenting involved with these two
show where this kid told his parents he was going to go shoot someone.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sooo from my understanding of this case the parents had multiple warning signs plain as day that the kid was nuts. Instead of figuring out how to un nut him they buy him a gun....yeah I would say they should be held responsible. As a parent I am responsible for my kid...and as what I would refer to as a responsible parent..involved parent if I had ANY sign I thought my kids may be a little off the rocker I wouldn't be buying them a gun. Car, hammer, drill, saw, motorcycle etc are in my opinion way different then a gun..yes they can all kill if used for that intention. The purpose of those items are not to kill.... a gun however is ment to kill...yes yes I get target practice etc...the intent of a gun is to kill..whether that's an animal or person. What I would say is a responsible gun owner my guns and ammo are all locked up...not because I don't trust my kids but because I believe they should be stored in a secure location regardless of having kids..again my opinion and i get others would disagree. The parents from this case and what I understand of the case made the gun and ammunition readily available to him knowing he was bat shit crazy...yet they shouldn't be held acountable??? So only accountable when they do good...but not bad? Yeah that's my kid johny he straight A student and getting scholarship I am fully responsible for him and his success......nope not responsible for my kid when I gave him a gun and ammo and knew he was nuts....makes sense to me. Now if this kid stole a gun etc and did this.. parents should be no way responsible. I think this all comes down to them knowingly getting this kid a gun and having some indication of what may happen.
The parents claim the gun was locked in a drawer in their bedroom While the DA claims otherwise. The only ones who know the truth are the parents and the kid.

when my kid received a $ 40,000.00 scholarship i didn’t receive a penny, he did that all on his own.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Negligence is negligence it doesn’t matter what object was used

show where this kid told his parents he was going to go shoot someone.
Three days before at supper right after he wouldn’t finish his green beans

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 195
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93