Well this isn' good for anyone

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
The parents claim the gun was locked in a drawer in their bedroom While the DA claims otherwise. The only ones who know the truth are the parents and the kid.
I haven't got into this discussion because I see points on both sides. If the above is true it violates the beyond reasonable doubt required in criminal charges. Now we are getting into scary land where near anyone can become victim of the courts.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Three days before at supper right after he wouldn’t finish his green beans
Sounds like a response camper would give. You aren’t camper are you ??? Provide a link to back up your claim.

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I haven't got into this discussion because I see points on both sides. If the above is true it violates the beyond reasonable doubt required in criminal charges. Now we are getting into scary land where near anyone can become victim of the courts.
Hypothetically, couldn't have the parents claimed the firearm was stolen if they claim the weapon was in a locked drawer?

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hypothetically, couldn't have the parents claimed the firearm was stolen if they claim the weapon was in a locked drawer?
That's a difficult decision. A drawer in most cases would not be hard to break in to steal the gun, but then is it theft if the gun belonged to the kid?
Unfortunately this is one step closer to more robbing us of a constitutional right. The big threat now is people purchasing insurance for concealed carry. The insurance companies are already asking if maybe gov shoukd require insurance for gun ownership just like they require liability insurance for your vehicles. Then watch that insurance for each individual firearm to have premiums go into the hundreds of dollars per year. We are being sqeezed right now with prices and how many firearms can you afford when it hits $500 per year?

Freedom has risk, but its always paid for. Sometimes it's blood spilled around the world, sometimes it's criminals abusing it, sometimes it's injury, sometimes it's money, but it's always worth it.

Last edited:

Fester

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The parents claim the gun was locked in a drawer in their bedroom While the DA claims otherwise. The only ones who know the truth are the parents and the kid.

when my kid received a $ 40,000.00 scholarship i didn’t receive a penny, he did that all on his own.
They did say that..so if you break into cheap drawer..where is that proof? Did the defense show evidence to damaged drawer? Did the kid get the key to the drawer? where was the defense on this drawer?

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
1707497157832.jpeg

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So did I miss it has the kid already been found guilty and his sentencing trial is in March, or is his trial held in March, big difference. How could the parents be held accountable before proof that the kid did it

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's a difficult decision. A drawer in most cases would not be hard to break in to steal the gun, but then is it theft if the gun belonged to the kid?
Unfortunately this is one step closer to more robbing us of a constitutional right. The big threat now is people purchasing insurance for concealed carry. The insurance companies are already asking if maybe gov shoukd require insurance for gun ownership just like they require liability insurance for your vehicles. Then watch that insurance for each individual firearm to have premiums go into the hundreds of dollars per year. We are being sqeezed right now with prices and how many firearms can you afford when it hits $500 per year?

Freedom has risk, but its always paid for. Sometimes it's blood spilled around the world, sometimes it's criminals abusing it, sometimes it's injury, sometimes it's money, but it's always worth it.
The problem pg is the kid was only 15 years old which by state and federal law he is not legally allowed to have a gun in his possession. So hypothetical his parents could have said that the gun was stolen since it was by their own testimony the gun was in a locked drawer. As far as taxing to own a gun will never happen atleast not in 2nd amendment sanctuary states like North dakota.

NodakBob

Honored Member
In Nodak you can legally go afield with a gun by yourself at 15…at least it used to be that way.

So why aren’t the teen carjack murderers parents being held accountable?

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
You must be 18 to possess a handgun gun in north dakota or if you are in close supervision of someone who is 18 and can legally possess a firearm, last time I checked a vehicle is not classified under any federal law that can dispel a lethal object.
A firearm is defined as an object that can discharge a projectile through an explosion.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
In Nodak you can legally go afield with a gun by yourself at 15…at least it used to be that way.

So why aren’t the teen carjack murderers parents being held accountable?
Do they have parents?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 162
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 124
  • This month: 102
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93