What’s For Supper?

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
What ya having?

Still have a few garden carrots left so cooking them up in honey. Going to make a spicy hoisin sauce for that 3lb chunk of moose loin.
9A18232A-A162-445C-BE78-5B96110D78AF.jpeg

651CCAFB-4FB9-443A-93D4-83C7024016B2.jpeg

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Had ribeye's with Brussel sprouts and a baked potato. Was a bitch grilling on the deck last night, it faces east and the wind was giving me a spanking.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Wife had shrimp in the air fryer and I had a cheese and veggie soup over biscuits. Needed the warm up. LB

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Grilled chicken breasts and diced them into Caesar salad last night. Not sure what tonight will bring. Maybe a big pot of turkey-thigh soup.

★ Legendary Member
Left over Spatzle, chicken in a mushroom cream sauce.
What's your recipe for the hoisin sauce?
I'm also looking for people favorite pork chop recipe. I get half a hog from a patient and have yet to find one my girls really like. They always seem to say it's ok at best.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i had an old standby and one of my favorite meals.... loins with pan fried onions and ports. deglazed pan w/ cabernet.

so, i've looked hard at that osso buco recipe before. then i look at my venison shanks whilst cleaning. besides the fact they look completely unappetizing, they also look like very little meat. please let me know how it turns out and maybe share what you did for prep/clean up.

finally, also interested in the spicy hoisin sauce and how it pairs with moose/venison. seems like an odd combo. but, always trying to figure out different ways to enjoy wild game. we've done lettuce hoisin wraps w/ duck before and they were awesome.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
1 inch thick clops. Sweat a diced med onion about 3/4 done add a 4oz can of mushrooms and continue frying for 2 min. Push to side of pan add a little olive oil and fry pork chops for 3 min on one side then flip over and then pile onions and mushrooms on top and fry for 4 min on that side. Remove from heat and let rest 5 min and enjoy. Chops will be nice and white through and moist with a light brown crust. We do this with Hormel Always Tender chops and its the best. LB

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I've made the osso buco recipe before. It's very good! No tricks, follow Steve's recipe. The worst part is cutting the shanks into 2-3" discs. A sawzall and a bench vice is your friend. I usually do them right away verses freezing them first.

I'm not a polenta fan so I swap that with garlic mashed potatoes and a steamed veggie or salad of your choice.

PS: Save the juice if you don't eat it all!! I use it for soups/stews ect... It truly is liquid gold.

PSS: Braise time is subjective...it's done when it's done. Don't try and rush them. Just keep adding stock to keep them covered.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88