What not to do at WOT

greybeard

Founding Member
Founding Member
https://rumble.com/v33f30-speeding-...orida-students-flying.html?mref=6i76&mc=8jxox

Not sure what this guy was thinking, but I'd guess it's lack of experience. Good example of why a guy should wear a PFD and attach the kill switch tether. I thought they actually exited the boat pretty soft, could have been a lot worse. I remember from my younger days water skiing that that water can sometimes hurt more that the ground when it comes to wipeouts.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I believe this was posted before. Kill switches/life vests save the day.
most of these bass boats go much faster than anything walleye guys have. I'm not sure 80 mph in a boat is what I want to do

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
i still like old school boating , it's a long lost trait .

awesome!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not buying that steering failure BS on that bass boat - you can see the steering wheel rotating wildly (still attached to the motor).

Operator error IMO.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
nothing like getting bucked off your boat. Yea driver error. Respect for the power and knowing how to operate boat helps

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
In the video the OP linked to, they actually had steering park break, so not much you can do there...except for wearing PFD and kill lanyard.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMO he got nervous - decelerated while crossing that leading boat's wake without doing any trimming - and bow hooked

- - - Updated - - -

also - I've never been at the wheel of a boat like that - ha ha ha

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I go full blast all the time in the proV, hit wakes, hit huge rough water, cross chop, etc., never had the boat do that kind of ass kicking to me. If it did, I guess I would goes ass over head in the drink too, but likely would be not wearing a life vest, and of course the kill switch would not be wrapped around my wrist.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
i dont think most people realize how fast the bass boys go and for that matter our own danger around here. No protection. Talking pro Vs -- my buddy had one --- hit a floating log -- turned the boat completely around tore the engine off some how - and the transom-- they both were saved by the windshield. No worry about a lanyard -- the engine basically ripped it self pulling the throttle back in. Devils lake - you gotta luv it.

The one that always gets me is when i think i am safe n a area and your going along at a pretty good clip and you look over and see a deadhead stickin out that you just past and missed by 4 or 5 feet. Your like how did i not see that. Look down at your electronics and your in 25 ft but your not out of the old shoreline yet -- you just shake your head.

- - - Updated - - -

ps you see how those bass boys pass that last boat and then pull into a spot. Plus i laughed when they hold back until the end almost to get into the shotgun start. I luv it

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
only a matter of time before one of these "I have the fastest tournament boat" swingin' dicks around here does the same thing.

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
only a matter of time before one of these "I have the fastest tournament boat" swingin' dicks around here does the same thing.
I can't tell if you are mad because you have a slow boat or if it's that your dick isn't big enough to swing :;:stirthepot

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Told this one before. Had a very good friend die in May 2013 in a bass boat. His partner was driving the boat and Hit something right under the waterline going flat out. lower unit came in to the boat and hit him right square in the top of the head killing him instantly. Think about it every time I launch my boat . makes me drive with more caution than I used to

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Told this one before. Had a very good friend die in May 2013 in a bass boat. His partner was driving the boat and Hit something right under the waterline going flat out. lower unit came in to the boat and hit him right square in the top of the head killing him instantly. Think about it every time I launch my boat . makes me drive with more caution than I used to

When I was in high school I worked at Gander Mountain. A couple brothers worked there. Were all excited because they got a new boat and were taking it out for the first time with their dad.

Something wasn't installed correctly. Steering went out at full throttle. Threw all three overboard. Sons made it back to the boat. Dad wasn't wearing a PDF. Drowned.

Sad, sad deal. You want to talk about the spark disappearing from someone's eyes? I never saw it again in those two after that day.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member

Possible, but a lot less likely with a deep-V hull, much more forgiving. I pulled up a bunch of flooring in my Crestliner and punched a hydraulic line with a screw when I put the flooring back. Had it go "sideways" on me several times that day before I decided to get it on the trailer and figure out what was up. On a Deep-V there's just so much more hull in the water that they're a lot more forgiving.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 90
  • This month: 67
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33