What's in your flask?

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's in the flask? Why, flask juice of course.

image.jpg

If I kept a flask, of course...

For you bourbon/scotch drinkers, no fooling, the best $20 bottle of bourbon you'll ever find is Kirkland 7 year @ Costco. A close 2nd is Buffalo Trace (if you can find it in stock.)

Brian Renville

Founding Member
Founding Member
If I were to fill a flask it would be with Pendleton. Take a straight pull here and there and ice and a splash of h2o would be a bonus. The mcgillicutty's is a little safer though. Rumplemintz is 100 proof and is still alive and well btw.

Browneye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I make a homemade rootbeer schnaps that when served ice cold i dont think ive had anyone try it that didnt like it.

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
redeye schnaps, burn sugar and 190 proof is made and I do mean made for a flask and the stuff doesn't cost 90$ bottle. Hello Germany-Russian here.

huntinforfish

Founding Member
Founding Member
Apple Pie is another. Brother in law usually makes a few gallons at a time and it always ends up on the ice or in the garage after.

Bowhunter_24

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to always drink pendelton. On a recent elk hunt we packed into the mountains. Myself and 2 buddies all had flasks. Pendelton, Jameson and gentlemans Jack. My Pendleton was tasty. But sitting around the fire one night we passed around all 3. All 3 of us said hands down Jameson was the best. It's so smooth and doesn't have the after bite.

Ive drank all 3 before and liked em all but after a taste test of straight shots back to back I now drink Jameson out of my flask.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
On a serious note, got a free sample of E&J peach brandy in the store the other day. That shi'ite would be quite dangerous. I don't want to imagine the next morning.

I saw that the other day! E&J is my go-to, so was curious. Didn't want to buy a whole bottle if it tasted like fuzzy swill, though. Now I may have to...

- - - Updated - - -

crown or Yukon in the flask , ice fishing buttershots or rootbeer schnapps , don't partake much when out and about but a nip here and there kinda makes the day

I should clarify that I don't promote drinking-and-hunting activities. However, post-hunt libations or some tummy-warmers during an ice fishing excursion are 100 percent green lighted.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
big brown 2.jpg
Pres melania-trump.jpg33-Graphs_That_-Reveal_-Painfully-_True_-Facts_-About_-Everyday_-Life_3.jpgHarvest as Percent of Peak.jpg
http://www.bumwine.com/

Night Train has got to be one of the worst wines ever made. Tastes like they rung out the mop after cleaning the floor at the winery and bottled it up. With that said if you are looking to get screwed up for just a few bucks have at it.

Back when guns and roses were living in a storage unit and really partying hard this was all they drank. For that reason in my younger years we bought some thinking it was cool. First and last time I did that.

- - - Updated - - -

What's in the flask? Why, flask juice of course.

12670521_10153440633867478_6217529314748700140_n.jpg

If I kept a flask, of course...

For you bourbon/scotch drinkers, no fooling, the best $20 bottle of bourbon you'll ever find is Kirkland 7 year @ Costco. A close 2nd is Buffalo Trace (if you can find it in stock.)

I've also heard the Kirkland Tequila is very good. Supposedly a high end brand that bottles it for Costco and is sold at a large discount.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fishmission Attachment 5462
Attachment 5458Attachment 5460Attachment 5461

Night Train has got to be one of the worst wines ever made. Tastes like they rung out the mop after cleaning the floor at the winery and bottled it up. With that said if you are looking to get screwed up for just a few bucks have at it.

Back when guns and roses were living in a storage unit and really partying hard this was all they drank. For that reason in my younger years we bought some thinking it was cool. First and last time I did that.

Haha.
Only bum wine I tried was MD 20 20 in high school. Didn't remember the next two days

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Fishmission Attachment 5462
Attachment 5458Attachment 5460Attachment 5461

Haha.
Only bum wine I tried was MD 20 20 in high school. Didn't remember the next two days

Ahhh..yes..remember the Mad Dog 20/20 well. Drank that delectable libation the 3rd Saturday of every month freshman year in college. A bunch of us would gather on a seldom used..thank god..railroad trestle the crossed a river. Once there, once you opened the bottle, you couldn't leave til that sucker was gone. My god did that stuff kill multitudes of brain cells!! Its amazing none of us every got hurt! except for the brain cells of course.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't have a flask but will be putting 3 cans of Keylight in my 5 gallon bucket for this evenings shore fishing excursion!! ;:;boozer:;:cheers

sparetire

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are them pint jars of moonshine any good?

I'm not sure it's something that is made to be "good". Good at making the throat burn, good at making the belly feel warm, but doubtful it is pleasant to taste.

For me lately it's rye whiskey. Old Scout Smooth Ambler Rye is the current favorite. As was mentioned for bourbon, I agree that Buffalo Trace is a great value. Blanton's if I'm feeling like a baller.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Generally being the driver in most outings I very rarely get the pleasure of doing some ice drinking, but a flask of the burnt sugar red eye is the way to go, couple nips here and there and all is well

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 39
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 14