When do you call it a summer-

all4eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Mid October, I can have about any lake and any camping spot I want. We usually hit the state parks before Memorial Day and after Labor Day. Not one else there it's rather peaceful. Plus the fish are usually active.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
August 21st apparently, this was the greyest, most depressing, waste of a summer day so far this year.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Summer ends when all the cellulite is once again covered up by some form of loose cloth.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
When the temp of the water starts on its downward trend enough that it changes the pattern of the fish. So I guess that would make it this weekend this year.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Deer Bow and High school football this coming weekend. Summer is done for me.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
its depressing --- I will take the 90 degree very lite breeze --- 150 walleye days all year long. Anyway its not over --- I like the early spring "opener" guys as the lakes are less crowded -- plus bigger fish. What i don't like is the wind --- the last two weekends have sucked big time. This year if SDWXMN and da boys has this whole "Godzilla" nino figured out --- should provide for a late late pheasant season, a no jacket deer season and late ice. I will take it -- makes the winter go fast. Sak will have less water --- and the dem smelt eating hogs will start showing up next summer.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I call it a summer when my line freezes through my eyelets on my rod. I know, not summer in November, but I hold on to it longer than most!

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Caught eight Friday night, then went home Saturday morning as the wind and rain made my mind up for me.

The fishing was a bit better than earlier this summer. I am sure we will go through most of Sept, then call it good.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 191
  • This month: 158
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 117
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88