When would you ever need 700HP

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Listening to that baby shift up and down I bet that transmission was HOT by the time he made it the 2 miles. I've 4 bucked some snow like that it it doesn't take but a couple minutes get get the transmission to an uncomfortable level of warmness, lol. Of course I've also plugged up the grill to the point of having to stop and clean it out to get air flow to the radiator/coolers too so there's that, lol.

Last edited:

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Listening to that baby shift up and down I bet that transmission was HOT by the time he made it the 2 miles.
There's got to be a "manual" mode for the transmission. I'd have found the wheel-speed and rpm I wanted and held a gear. I'd much rather hold the motor at or near redline RPM for 2-mi than have all that shifting going on.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
There's got to be a "manual" mode for the transmission. I'd have found the wheel-speed and rpm I wanted and held a gear. I'd much rather hold the motor at or near redline RPM for 2-mi than have all that shifting going on.
you are correct, here is an interior pic of a typical TRX, notice the paddle shifters on the steering wheel.
1696254541510.png

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Benefit of the doubt, perhaps the driver was fighting some sort of traction-control/anti-sway system? It wouldn't surprise me to learn that there's systems you cannot fully disengage, especially if it senses something plugged into the round 7.

Retired Educator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Realistically I find it hard to believe that most of us involved in the outdoors haven't been in the same boat and did the same thing at some point in our adventures.

Reminded me of the time I got myself into a slush pocket on Lake Irvine by Church's Ferry. Didn't dare let up on the gas as I knew I would never get going again and darkness was approaching. At the same point I had no idea what exactly was in front of me. Yes I was scared but in about 100yds. I was out of it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
RIght! If the mud didn't damage it, using a shovel to wipe it off is probably not the best idea. It looks like they're cleaning a mid-70s grain truck.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Realistically I find it hard to believe that most of us involved in the outdoors haven't been in the same boat and did the same thing at some point in our adventures.

Reminded me of the time I got myself into a slush pocket on Lake Irvine by Church's Ferry. Didn't dare let up on the gas as I knew I would never get going again and darkness was approaching. At the same point I had no idea what exactly was in front of me. Yes I was scared but in about 100yds. I was out of it.
most of us have been through this on short distances like what you were with 100yds but how many have gone a couple miles like this

luvcatchingbass

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was riding shotgun during a coyote tournament when the road we took to get to our next spot started ended up being deeper snow than we expected so hammer down it was, of course just then look out my window at a big dark yote booking it across the field parallel to us. No chance for a shot and of course didn't see him after both of us go to the next road. In my younger years I may or may not have been in a couple muddy situations.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plugged the air-cleaner of my 6.7L PSD w/snow after a 2Mi "hammer-down" in soft fluffy but deep snow.

Had to stop, clean out the air-box, ditch the air-cleaner and foam pre-treater in order for the Turbo to nab enough air to add boost again.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
probably a leased truck. I had a 89 ford f150 300 6 4 speed manual for a service truck that thing loaded with tools and parts in 3rd on the rev limiter was impressive.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 46
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 17
  • This month: 14