Who makes the best Sausage

wby257

Founding Member
Founding Member
Everyone has there favorite sausage recipe or butcher shop. Last yrs deer went to Frohling Meat Hecla S.D. and Maple valley in Enderlin N.D.and the sausage was real good.

We had sausage made at J & B in Barnsville MN this yr and picked up meat on Saturday. I have to say I think it is some of the best sausage I have ate in sometime. It is right up there with Wishek and Enderlin.

So if anyone is looking for or try some place differant I would say try J & B in Barnsville. It is that good

Holmsvc

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have been happy with Meats by John and Wayne in Fargo.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Langdon Locker.

Next question.

I'd never had Langdon until we found their sausage in our small town grocery store.... it rates up there with Wishek for me and the wife and kids actually prefer it. They also like garlic a little more than me.

gone_fishing

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Germans:
ipSGSB3.gif

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
We do our own. 32 years of the same recipe and I'm ready for a change. Might have to take a trip to Kraut central (napoleon/wishek/strasburg)

eseamands

Founding Member
Founding Member
We do our own too. But we usually use Bjorn's Honey Garlic seasoning. Tons of garlic and get honey from a bee-keeper friend of mine back home. Really good. Sweet, but not overpowering and the garlic taste still comes through nicely.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Pochant clan and their friends in Coleharbor.

They pay great attention to detail for what goes in the grinder. Never a gross surprise nugget of gnarliness.

Jigaman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Is The Langdon Locker the same as The Hickory Hut? I've had good luck with HHut.

No. LL makes about the best ring pork sausage you will find. HH does a little of everything but is famous for their wild game processing. The amount of options they have is amazing. I think I ate venison maple links from HH and mac and cheese 5 times a week for my first year of college. That might have been a contributing factor to my freshman 50.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 82
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 52
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 42
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 31