Winners in the Oilfield: G&F looking for poachers

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
District Warden Looking to Solve Poaching Incidents
North Dakota Game and Fish Department district game warden Keenan Snyder is seeking information on several illegal-taking-of-wildlife incidents over the last month in the Williston and Watford City areas.
Anyone with information on the following incidents is asked to call the Report All Poachers telephone number at 800-472-2121, or contact Snyder at 701-770-1072. RAP is offering a $1,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of any of these individuals.

• 10 – a headless whitetail buck was found at Demicks Lake;
  • 23 – a mule deer doe had been shot and left on an approach at Tobacco Gardens along N.D. Highway 1806;
  • 16 – at approximately 6 p.m. a pronghorn buck was shot and left at the Demick’s Lake area. Reporting individuals stated the poachers were driving a lifted four-door red Chevrolet pickup with no rear license plate;
  • 17 – during the evening hours a 5x5 whitetail buck was shot and left at Ochs Wildlife Management Area southwest of Williston;
  • 17 – three mule deer does were shot and left approximately 8 miles north of Watford City. One had the hind quarters and backstraps removed, another had the backstraps removed and one was left intact.
In addition, on Oct. 18 at noon a concerned citizen reported an individual shot and killed a pronghorn buck and two does approximately 5 miles northeast of Watford City off of N.D. Highway 1806. The individual was tracked down by warden Snyder and charges are pending.
The RAP line offers rewards for information that leads to conviction of fish and wildlife law violators. Reporting parties can remain anonymous.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lets elect Trump for Gov and build fences.... Maybe even make MN, MT and SD pay for them!

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
with the lack of deer tags due to low deer numbers you will see much more of this. Especially when people wait four to five years for a tag. I remember saying poaching numbers will be on the rise due to these facts. It'll get worse.

fnznfwl

Founding Member
Founding Member
with the lack of deer tags due to low deer numbers you will see much more of this. Especially when people wait four to five years for a tag. I remember saying poaching numbers will be on the rise due to these facts. It'll get worse.

So you're saying these guys who shoot and leave animals are doing so because they didnt get a deer tag? These people are poachers. 100k tags or 10k tags, they will do shit like this

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So you're saying these guys who shoot and leave animals are doing so because they didnt get a deer tag? These people are poachers. 100k tags or 10k tags, they will do shit like this
some of them had back straps and hind quarters removed.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member

Since we're throwing out hypotheticals, my vote is on a tribe of nomadic oilfield workers recently laid off and now fighting for survival on the cold, desolate, Chik-Fil-A free plains of North Dakota.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Although all these guys ( or maybe the same guys ) are jack holes they can be broken down into three sub-categories.

10 – a headless whitetail buck was found at Demicks Lake; HORN HUNTER
23 – a mule deer doe had been shot and left on an approach at Tobacco Gardens along N.D. Highway 1806; KIDS F---ING AROUND
16 – at approximately 6 p.m. a pronghorn buck was shot and left at the Demick’s Lake area. Reporting individuals stated the poachers were driving a lifted four-door red Chevrolet pickup with no rear license plate; KIDS F---ING AROUND
17 – during the evening hours a 5x5 whitetail buck was shot and left at Ochs Wildlife Management Area southwest of Williston; KIDS F---ING AROUND
17 – three mule deer does were shot and left approximately 8 miles north of Watford City. One had the hind quarters and backstraps removed, another had the backstraps removed and one was left intact. MEAT HUNTER WITHOUT TAG BUT WERE INTERUPTED WITH 3RD DEER
Out of all three the horn hunter is the lowest because he will keep on lying how and when he shot this magnificent whitetail buck just to pump up his self esteem and impress others.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Out of all three the horn hunter is the lowest because he will keep on lying how and when he shot this magnificent whitetail buck just to pump up his self esteem and impress others.

I dunno, sorting pond scum from fecal matter from the stuff you scrape off a trash lid just leaves you messy in the process, but I'd think the "meat hunters" are pretty low considering they couldn't just stop at one deer, and they only took a fraction of the meat available on the deer they shot...waste is waste.

Founding Member
Founding Member
In August a friend of mine was working in his yard out on his ranch one morning when he heard a couple shots.
So he got in his truck and drove out to investigate. He ran into two guys in a lifted up truck with Idaho plates leaving a section line so he pulled up to ask what they were up to. When he asked they gloated that they'd just shot a big ass muley buck. He couldn't believe what he was hearing and told them the bow season wasn't even open and that they were in big trouble. They basically told him to screw off and left.
He called the county sheriff and he pulled them over before they got to town. They were very brash to him and cocky and acted like they could care less and told him exactly what they had done and even took them out to show them it. "said they were going to come back out and get it". It was an extremely large trophy class muley by the way, the kind my ranching buddy would have loved to put his tag on and bigger than anything he'd ever shot himself.
Stuff like that ticks me off big time.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88