Yes. This has been discussed.

Longtine

Founding Member
Founding Member
You fans of pork butt and ribs, vinegar, and heat.

Go to big asian store on main in Fargo or online and buy this.

Drizzle it on pulled pork - or dip your dry ribs into it as you eat them.

Thank me later.

1703951261465.png
How on earth......did you ever stumble upon this? Now I have to try....

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
How on earth......did you ever stumble upon this? Now I have to try....
I made some whole muscle jerky that was lame four years back. I went searching the Asian store for things to soak it in to convert it into “pickled venison strips” or some such. Saw a asian gal put three of these in her basket, picked it up and read the label and thought wow - that sounds great.

Took it home and about fell on my knees it was so good. Proceeded to dip or drizzle just about everything with it - hard to find food it doesn’t ad a gorgeous zippy flavor to. Even cottage cheese is good with a drizzle.

They now have unheated and sweetened versions too.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
After much trial and error, these are the ultimate pinkrat dispensers - no screw top, perfect drizzle/pour, etc.

1703958030674.png

Prairie Doggin'

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The wife was going to the Eastern Hell, so sent her on a mission to find the Pinkrat. Tried it out on some steak nuggets I made (cheap cut of meat, marinated and breaded) and kind of liked it.
Coated some potatoes in it tonight and let them sit a bit before I seasoned them for roasting. No strong vinegar taste, but did give the potatoes a sneaky heat that I appreciated.

CatDaddy

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wife was going to the Eastern Hell, so sent her on a mission to find the Pinkrat. Tried it out on some steak nuggets I made (cheap cut of meat, marinated and breaded) and kind of liked it.
Coated some potatoes in it tonight and let them sit a bit before I seasoned them for roasting. No strong vinegar taste, but did give the potatoes a sneaky heat that I appreciated.
This has the making of a Mexican vanilla NDA run......

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any pork product is a natural mate. I think pork rinds are the most popular pairing globally. 😄

It’s generally used as a light bodied dipping sauce in a shallow bowl in places like the Philippines.

MAC’s pork rinds (Walmart) are the gold standard if you want to try dipping pork rinds - which I see almost universally dipped on youtube postings from asia.

Most other brands of pork rinds are fluffy garbage that don’t dip well.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Also - almost any meat sammich that gets “dry” gets the edge dipped in pinkrat on occasion. I do that pretty often rather than slather it w a ton of mayo.

I also drizzle it on certain boring hotdishes or into soups that need a little brightness/zip.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any pork product is a natural mate. I think pork rinds are the most popular pairing globally. 😄

It’s generally used as a light bodied dipping sauce in a shallow bowl in places like the Philippines.

MAC’s pork rinds (Walmart) are the gold standard if you want to try dipping pork rinds - which I see almost universally dipped on youtube postings from asia.

Take your show on the road….in my current travels it has come to my attention that there is a boudin/cracklin’ stand/shack every .12 miles all across Louisiana

bilbo

Honored Member

100% true about Mac’s. Even if not dipping they’re the only ones to get. The rest are just mouth drying pig foam.

bilbo

Honored Member
I lied by the way - no pork rind product is better than these. They're the platinum standard of pork rind products. But they're costly. My brother brings me ten at a time when he visits ND.
https://abcstores.com/chao-siam-thai-fried-pork-snout-1/

1705593392184.png

Mountain lions are smart - I see now why they eat the nose off their prey. 🥴
I’ll have to look for those. Down here pork rinds seem much more popular than back home and there’s a quarter of an aisle dedicated to them at Wally. There’s a brand called Mambi that are made in Miami I think. They’re a notch above Mac’s in my opinion.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ll have to look for those.
Made in Hawaii - pretty small scale operation for now - so probably online orders only in your area.

Are the Mambi's cracklins or rinds or both? Don't look available on Walmart.,com.

MAC's golden cracklins are great - but brutal on the soft tissues of the mouth (the Captain Crunch of pork products)

Last edited:

bilbo

Honored Member
Made in Hawaii - pretty small scale operation for now - so probably online orders only in your area.

Are the Mambi's cracklins or rinds or both? Don't look available on Walmart.,com.

MAC's golden cracklins are great - but brutal on the soft tissues of the mouth (the Captain Crunch of pork products)
They have cracklins and the regular pork rinds, I buy the cracklins. They seem to be a touch softer than Mac’s and a little saltier. I’ve noticed the same thing with Mac’s haha Cap’n Crunch is spot on.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84