• $151 - $250

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • More than $250

Votes: 37 40.7%

• Total voters

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got an All Star, a Lew's and a couple Scheel's Guide Series from the 00's...St Croix? I ignore price tags until I find a candidate then find some price tags retarded. For the most part I like a fast action with semi-soft tip. As does she.

This may be the same thread IDK...Again I say to y'all...The newest configuration of the Berkeley Lightning Rod is an amazing 50ish dollar value. They should do a YT vid of blindfolded angler tests.
No b/c experience; all spinning. IMO we're in the Golden Age of fishing tackle.

Need to go now. One of the chicks lost a Lego or so I'm being told:p

Last edited:

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Internesting we have a full blow thread going on right now talking about the country going into a recession or depression and the next thread shows nearly 60% of us owning a fishing rod over $150. Pot, meet kettle, lmao!
It's actually nostalgic. Don't snub the Lighting Rod.

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berkley tactic or lightning rod are my go to. I have some st croix and fenwicks but they get left in the box for the tactic.

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ya it cost a bit to get set up, but I’ve built for more than just me. The price I threw out of $200-250 is for the highest end blanks out there. I can build a nice rod for less. I’ve done quite a few builds for friends and family too. It’s a hobby and hobbies cost as everyone on this site is well aware. I love being able to build and fish with exactly what I like tho. I built a one of a kind jigging stick that is the absolute bomb! I love that thing.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do repair an eyelet that broke off? Heat it to get the piece out ?? glue in a new one??

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Most expensive set up... bottom of Lake Audubon. Third time out with kayak. Was tied off but must have snapped the line with my leg as kayak turned turtle in less than a second. Tackle box luckily was waterproof and floated.

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Berkley tactic or lightning rod are my go to. I have some st croix and fenwicks but they get left in the box for the tactic.
What's the deal with this "Tactic"? Never heard of it.

Bobkat

Established Member
I have a few moderately expensive fly rods for various weights. Hate to admit I only use cheaper stuff for walleyes, strippers and knock around fishing. I’m klutzy and have lots a lot of rod tips in pickup doors, car trunks, stepping Odín the dark, etc. I might catch fewer fish with stuff like ugly sticks, but I don’t care…..

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dimes? Nickels? Quarters? Damn tightwad. How she supposed to eat? :)

Last edited:

Wirehair

Founding Member
Founding Member
Have been custom building rods for many years as well. Was able to purchase a fairly large qty of St. Croix SC-V blanks about 4 years ago and primarily use those. Rainshadow also makes nice blanks for the price.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 165
  • This month: 136
  • This month: 121
  • This month: 110
  • This month: 105
  • This month: 87
  • This month: 84
  • This month: 79