most comfy steel toe boot

Bushwacker28

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear red wing composite toe. Not saying they are the best but I have no complaints. Been wearing the same pair for three years. Little rough break in and have a tendency to eat up laces but the store will replace them for free.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I wear red wing composite toe. Not saying they are the best but I have no complaints. Been wearing the same pair for three years. Little rough break in and have a tendency to eat up laces but the store will replace them for free.

Kevlar laces. For ~$10 they'll outlast any 2pr of boots you buy.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought my first set of Keen's a couple months ago. I've owned nearly every brand there is. So far the Keen's have been the most comfortable.

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a pair of Keene composite toes a couple weeks ago. A little spendy at $180 at Home of Economy but they're waterproof and very comfortable. It's only been a short test to this point but I think they're going to be outstanding.

DerHornen

Founding Member
Founding Member
How will you be using them, and do you want a boot or more of a shoe?

I've had to wear safety toe shoes for indoor factory work for years. In my case I'm not worried about cold-weather, waterproofing, or mud. I prefer something that breathes well to keep my feet dry and cool.

The two most comfortable I've had so far are Keen and Steel Blue. I had a pair of Caterpillar shoes that weren't bad, but they didn't hold up as long. Keens are available everywhere. Steel Blues are made in Australia and as far as I know the only place in the US that sells them is Trav's Outfitter out of Watertown, SD.

I like the durability of Red Wings but they always seem to let my heel slide around too much, which is probably just related to the shape of my feet compared to the patterns they use.

I've never had Danner steel toes, but I do have Danner hunting boots and they're fantastic.

Gus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen kenetrek is making a composite toe boot nowadays. Anyone dabble yet?

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
Seen kenetrek is making a composite toe boot nowadays. Anyone dabble yet?

I haven't, but might check them out. I have checked a few times in the past to see if they had any composite toe boots, but never saw any. Anyone know if any local places are carrying them?

I did find Crispi has a "Nevada Safety" composite toe that I wanted to check out, but couldn't find any retailers in the states.
http://www.crispi.it/en/products.php?id_menu=5

RangerNation81

Founding Member
Founding Member
ya i was looking into the composite and i think thats the route im going to go.. now i need the brand.. looked into the ariats and their reviews on amazon are really good, not sure if i should pull the trigger on the pair im looking at or not?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FALGTDQ/?tag=nodakangler10-20

i bought a pair of these!! Yes they are very comfy and warm..... But...... Within a month of wearing them the outter layer started to come apart on one boot!! Not sure if it was a deffective boot or what the issue is! Not once has my foot gotten wet though!!

arrowdem

Founding Member
Founding Member
i went with the ariat's we will see what they are like when they get in, i work mostly at my desk but as a production manager i have to walk about the shop floor quite often and its a requirement to have safety toe while out there, but i do help a lot of farmers in the area during spring planting and fall harvest, and just working out on the hunting land we have putting in food plots and hanging stands and what not, this is where most of the wear and tear will come from on these boots, i have had keen before and hated them feet were always very uncomfortable, put in a different insole and it helped but it wasnt night and day, we will see how the ariat's do! thanks for all of your input guys!

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
So I need a new pair of boots for work and they need to be a safety toe boot. I have been looking online for boots that are similar to my chippewa boots that I love but I am not happy with a factory using foreign materials and saying made in the USA. That means little to me since companies like toyota has a plant in the states that assemble automobiles with parts made overseas.
I have looked at the thouroogood boots, chippewa, red wing, keen,ariat,Carolina,wolverine, rocky, and Justin to name the most popular. But none say anything about using american made materials that come from american textiles that produce the materials for the made in the USA boots that I want to buy.
Anyone have any ideas

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
little late here last pair I had were Tony Lama pull on steel toe boots, lasted me about 4 years . I replaced them with a pair of Georgia boot company slip on type that Home of Economy had on clearance, very comfortable with no real break in time, my feet never were sore. but if your going to be outside in the cold composite toes are the way to go.

Joe

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keen, wrapping your feet in razor wire and shattered glass is more comfortable than those abortions red wing make.

thriller1

Founding Member
Founding Member
Take it from Guywhoknowswhataregoodsteeltoedbootsthatarecomfortableandreliable. Keen. Boom. Mic drop.

Trapper62

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have worn out my last pair of Ariat steel toe and last year replaced them with Ariat composite and really liked both pair. Mine were not the lace ups though!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 96
  • This month: 68
  • This month: 57
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 48
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 33