Spotted Flies

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
Any body else having problems with these dam things? They are very bad this year at my house. Any way to get rid of them? ;:;banghead

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
No more like a house fly. Just seem to hang out in the windows.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Argh. Yes. It's freakin December and there are winged vermin flying in my house. About driving me nuts. I seriously do not know how they get in the windows. Pretty much every window in my house is full of them and then they manage to get in the house. I guess it's an old house but still. I wanted to hire this guy to take care of them, but he is booked solid.

image.jpg

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had lots of trouble with those flies over the years. Earlier this fall i had the house sprayed and they are still buzzing around.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its too cold for insects to be active outside, so if they are in your house, they are coming from somewhere. If you have plants they could be living/breeding in the soil.

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have had them the last couple years size of a normal house fly but the wings are spotted and lighter than a house fly at my house in dvl. earlier this fall I thought they weren't going to be so bad but they are back.

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
I tried to identify them on goggle but could not. They don't seem to do much of anything but hang out in the windows. Cleaned the garage out on Saturday and the floor is covered in the again. I sprayed the out side of the house a couple of times this fall which seems to help for a couple of days. Then infestation starts all over again.

- - - Updated - - -

You are correct SIR. After reading up on them I do have a lot of choke cherry and apple trees around the yard.
Thanks

Beckler

Founding Member
Founding Member
found one on my tip up fishing yesterday my gear has been in the back of the truck for over 2 weeks and the bugger was still alive and kicking

Bobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
We had the same problem with these flys for years. This year no problem. A guy from outside of Devils Lake came out befor freeze up and sprayed the outside of the house. He said this is the only time to do it as the get into the siding and cracks and make there way inside.

muddy11

Founding Member
Founding Member
They're called attic flies. Caused me to find out Raid isn't the best thing to spray on your windows.

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were getting in my camper this year something fierce. Wish I knew how to keep them out.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
You better get this to get rid of you problem before the Obama ban comes on assault weapons

- - - Updated - - -

This might be your problemflies.jpg

Pinecone

Founding Member
Founding Member
Switch bars quick, if the flies are spotted! You don't want that "unless you do":;:huh

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Shopvac is my method of getting them off the windows. ended up doing it 3 times this year.

Bobber

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Bug Guy out of Lakota--Brian Schmidt--701-739-2394 Can solve your problem for next year with a fall spraying of the outside. Worked well for me.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 71
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 38
  • This month: 36
  • This month: 34
  • This month: 31
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 28