Stanley cup playoffs

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Obama is going to be at the final game, he's going to be the puck

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm hoping the Pens close it out tonight...if it goes back to Washington for game 7 ovechkin might finally exorcise his demons,and nobody wants that

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I used to root against every Canadian team playing any US team just on principle. However, with as goofy as California has become, I've found myself rooting for Edmonton.

Ottawa however, can suck-it.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I am just the opposite haha. Unless it is an underdog team or a team from the middle of the country (except BHawks). Basic principle is to not root for any coastal team, especially from the East.
Hope the Preds can take the cup! Be fun to see a Preds/Oilers series. Betting the NHL hates series like that because ratings won't be very good for a conference finals.

- - - Updated - - -

I flew in and out of Nashville this past week and it was cool to see all the Preds banners and signs around town. Good on them for supporting the team after a shaky past.

remm

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'd think the NHL will be ok with either edmonton or ottawa in the finals, been quite a long dry spell for a canadian team. Ratings for either of them will be a lot higher than either the ducks or predators I'd think as they'll have an entire country watching every game.

I've watched more hockey during these playoffs than I ever have, it's been pretty dam exciting and fun to watch. My only complaint is the goddam west coast games not starting until 9:30. Two game 7's tonight, I'll have to catch a nap at some point during the games to even have a chance to see the end of the oilers/ducks. I must be getting old.

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
It looks like Alex Ovechkin is the only russian who doesn't have any influence in Washington.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fantastic game last night! Great to see that the Pens are 8-0 in playoff series against the Caps. Demons every freakin' year that Washington specifically picks players only so they can better match up against the Penguins. Well, back to drawing board for the management and to the golf course for the players. Maybe Alex will head back to Moscow to get more instruction on his spying on the US from Putin.

:;:smokin;:;popcorn

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well the Pens sure have Oves' number. I didn't see the first goal, but that second goal was 100% on Ove. Being a -2 and only 4 shots last night was a bad look for him.
Not saying its all on Ove, but I wonder if the Caps ever think about trading him? They could get quite a bit in return. He just seems to dissapear in the big games.

KiYi

Founding Member
Founding Member
Best part of the whole game was when Oshie crushed Crosby. ;:;bowdown

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
What a sad night of hockey. Was pulling for Oshie and Caggiula.

Was great to see both have a great season. Oshie is UFA and will get a nice contract. Caggiula is on his way after playing so well with McDavid down the stretch. Good for him.

They better come out with information that Ovi has a serious injury, otherwise he will be labeled as a lazy POS and no one will be willing to take him. The guy is a scoring machine in the regular season but can't close the deal in the playoffs....personally I think he is just arrogant and lazy and it pisses me off because Oshie deserved better with the Capitals. Just my 0.02 worth.

Matt Cullen from Moorhead and Carter Rowney are still alive with Pittsburgh but I think that PK Subban and Erik Karlsson are more deserving of winning the Cup.

What I like about watching playoff hockey is how classy all these guys are after the games. There is so much respect between players. No other league can say that.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oshie to the Wild! Lets get it done!

I agree that there is good reason for Oshie to go to play for the Wild...mainly both his and Lauren's families are there. Lauren is from the MSP area I believe. It would be a perfect fit for his family.

However I think there is one overriding factor you guys are not considering. Every NHL player dreams of winning Lord Stanley's Cup. Oshie was burned bad by by Washington. They had the team to win it all this year and it didn't happen. Blame Ovi, blame the coach...but it doesn't matter. Massive failure and now free agency will dismantle this team.

This may be TJ's last big contract, so if he wants to win the cup, he needs to pick the right team. That team is not the MN Wild as much as you would like it to be.

Remember when the Wild signed Parise and Suter to those big contracts? It's time to pay the piper and salary cap space is going to prevent it. They are only projected to have 11.4 million in cap space at the end of this year. Oshie will require more than Parise who is a 7.5 million hit. They also need to sign Neiderreider and Grandlund, so that cap space gets eaten up pretty quick.

On a side note, remember when they signed those two and Matt Cullen said he wanted to stay in MN and would take less money to do so? But they still sent Cullen packing anyway...how's that working out for Cullen who could very likely win his 2nd cup in 2 years?!

I hope I'm wrong, and TJ's wife drops the hammer on him and says, "Damn it TJ.. we're going home to MN. And you're going to play for the Wild for $150,000! I want to be by my parents TJ! You know it could happen this way too.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
You can also get your ass kicked on United for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Oshie will be way too much. The only problem I had with the Parise and Suter signings was the length. I hate those long term contracts with a passion.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can also get your ass kicked on United for free.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah Oshie will be way too much. The only problem I had with the Parise and Suter signings was the length. I hate those long term contracts with a passion.

I agree....Chicago is suffering the same fate with Toews and Kane. I think the players get too comfortable and don't perform in years 2, 3 & 4 of a 5 year deal.

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hardly ever watch pro sports anymore but I did catch part of a game last week and was impressed with Oshie . Man he is in good shape and still working hard, he was double shifting and making the ice look small, even his own teammates were getting in his way.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hardly ever watch pro sports anymore but I did catch part of a game last week and was impressed with Oshie . Man he is in good shape and still working hard, he was double shifting and making the ice look small, even his own teammates were getting in his way.

I told my wife the same thing. It looked like Oshie was the only one working hard. He's an animal.

pluckem

Founding Member
Founding Member
I agree....Chicago is suffering the same fate with Toews and Kane. I think the players get too comfortable and don't perform in years 2, 3 & 4 of a 5 year deal.

I get what your saying but, Toews and Kane brought Chicago 3 Cups in the last 7 years. I think you pay them what they earned. Also the way they closed the season (playoffs not included) many had them as one of the favorites.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I get what your saying but, Toews and Kane brought Chicago 3 Cups in the last 7 years. I think you pay them what they earned. Also the way they closed the season (playoffs not included) many had them as one of the favorites.

As a Hawks fan I agree they should have been rewarded ....but, here we are two years into those long contracts and there was NO effort, NO passion, NO nothing in that series against Nashville. I think you have to incentivize the shit out of those contracts that are longer than 3 years.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 37
  • This month: 32
  • This month: 22
  • This month: 21
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 13