raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
karlsson is nothing short of a stud...

hope to see him sunday vs nashville...

Marbleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Great game and great series. Anderson played out of his mind this entire playoffs and I wish he could have gotten a shot at the cup. The mental toughness of that guy this entire year has been nothing short of impressive. He deserved better but the pens are champions for a reason. Can't believe they made it to the cup without their best defenseman. Also, good for former Sioux player Rowney to get a shot at putting his name on the cup. Hope the next series is as good as this one was. Nashville has a long road ahead of them with their number 1 center done for the year. Should be fun.

roosterfish

★★★ Legendary Member
WOW what a game! The best team won but man was that fun to watch!! thank god the pens won or we would be watching paint dry style of hockey again. The senators are hard to watch!!! should be a great stanley to watch!!!! LETS GO PENS!!!!! And just a question for everyone THE wayne 99 was THE BIGGEST whiner in NHL history, Why hate on the syd? not my favorite player either but just sayin!!!!

powerman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Different era of hockey. They have cleaned the game up so to speak. 99 survived with help from the enforcers.

Look up cluade lemuix( can't spell that right now) ;)

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was an awesome game....very few stoppages and a lot of end to end action. I'm a Pens fan so that puts a guy a little more on the edge of his seat but even all my buddies who've been praying for the Pens to lose since their teams lost appreciated that instant classic. 1 more race to 4 with the cup on the line. Should be a good series.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hope the Preds can come away with the cup. If I don't have a dog (wild) in the fight, give me the underdog every time.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
Different era of hockey. They have cleaned the game up so to speak. 99 survived with help from the enforcers.

Look up cluade lemuix( can't spell that right now) ;)

Wasn't Marty (Tomahawk Chop) McSorlie an ass-whooper for 99 as well?

I'm just glad that no matter what, "The Cup" stays in the USA.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, the last 4 games of the Stanley Cup have really been exciting to watch!! 3geese4me, if you have heard yelling coming from my direction, its just me when the Predators score. :;:rockitI hope they can win the next 2 games, as it would be NEAT to see them win the Cup on home ice. Sorry to you Penguins fans, but I don't like them, so I'm rooting for the Predators.

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wow, the last 4 games of the Stanley Cup have really been exciting to watch!! 3geese4me, if you have heard yelling coming from my direction, its just me when the Predators score. :;:rockitI hope they can win the next 2 games, as it would be NEAT to see them win the Cup on home ice. Sorry to you Penguins fans, but I don't like them, so I'm rooting for the Predators.

Pretty sure I heard you, last night was nuts. Pretty funny to hear Charles Barkley say the NBA Finals are boring and the NHL is amazing. Pulling hard for Nashville but if Rowney gets his name on the cup that is OK too. I swear I hear his name more than Kessel, or Malkin last night,...

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
A repeat Stanley Cup champion and a repeat Conn Smythe....life is good

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
A tip of the hat to the Pens for winning the Cup. ;:;barf The first 2 periods sucked to watch as it was kind of boring. The Preds didn't look sharp at all in that game.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping that Nashville could finish the Cinderella run but I'm happy for Rowney and Cullen. I'm thinking Carter will bring the Cup back to GF this summer.

Pittsburgh is a group of good people. Hats off to them they deserve it.

One of my good friends is tight with Matt Cullen and I have hunted with Matt many times. He is such a humble and quality human. I remember him telling me that from Mario to the bottom, the Penguins are all class. Specifically he said Sidney Crosby and Chris Letang are great humans. The Penguins fly and pay for hotel rooms for all the players family members during the playoffs to lessen the stress on everyone. They pay for teachers and have a Penguin's private elementary school for all the players kids....they have a classroom at the stadium for the kiddos so the kids and moms can be at work with dad whenever they want. All dad has to do is focus on hockey and he knows that his family is being taken care of at all times. Matt said that is key. Having a clear head and just focus on winning.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I was hoping that Nashville could finish the Cinderella run but I'm happy for Rowney and Cullen. I'm thinking Carter will bring the Cup back to GF this summer.

Pittsburgh is a group of good people. Hats off to them they deserve it.

One of my good friends is tight with Matt Cullen and I have hunted with Matt many times. He is such a humble and quality human. I remember him telling me that from Mario to the bottom, the Penguins are all class. Specifically he said Sidney Crosby and Chris Letang are great humans. The Penguins fly and pay for hotel rooms for all the players family members during the playoffs to lessen the stress on everyone. They pay for teachers and have a Penguin's private elementary school for all the players kids....they have a classroom at the stadium for the kiddos so the kids and moms can be at work with dad whenever they want. All dad has to do is focus on hockey and he knows that his family is being taken care of at all times. Matt said that is key. Having a clear head and just focus on winning.

Ive been a Pens fan a long time but it's cool to hear stuff like this.

Up Y'oars

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pens fan for thirty-plus years. Great to watch the tight game last night and capitalize on a mistake to score with only 90 seconds remaining. I bet the Preds weren't thinking that was gonna be the outcome after 58-1/2mins of good play on their part. Happy night last night and happy day today!

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pens fan for thirty-plus years. Great to watch the tight game last night and capitalize on a mistake to score with only 90 seconds remaining. I bet the Preds weren't thinking that was gonna be the outcome after 58-1/2mins of good play on their part. Happy night last night and happy day today!

Yep...Preds D got a little sloppy and it cost them.

One of the things they say is "A team has to loose the Cup so they can learn how to win it." The Preds will be back hungry and smarter.

Wow what a hockey town! The wife and I are planning to go there next winter to watch hockey and listen to music.

nxtgeneration

Founding Member
Founding Member
For the last team to make it into the playoffs to not only make the run they did but to also put up a hell of a fight with the defending champs was a pretty good feat in its own. Congrats to the Preds on a great season and likely turning Nashville into more of a hockey town than before. I thought it was a good series overall and am happy for Rowney to get his name on the cup. October can't come soon enough. Until then I'll just have to keep praying the Twins don't start to spiral out of control.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 34
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 15
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 13
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12