Ducks open tomorrow

Walleye_Chaser

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oh man I love mallard in the crock pot all day. Sure hope to get into some this year.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I don't hunt them anymore. I quit after you had to use steel shot, my molars didn't take it to well.

Lungdeflator

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just got into the ducks last year. Mainly for one of our dogs, he absolutely loves the water. Went out and got our limits a couple times last year and he retrieved all but one. Amazing the natural talent dogs have. We will be taking him out Sunday morning.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
It's an annual tradition. Of course I'm going! Plan to hunt Saturday and Sunday, and then as many weekends as possible until freeze up.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
One nice thing about the drought is it has them grouped up more then usual so should make for some good hunts of some seriously brown ducks.

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
I might try and make it out on Sunday morning. It's going to be weather depending.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
So how did it go for everyone else. Got into a situation where there was group on a plots pond about a mile north east of me a second group a mile and a half south west of me on a WPA. With that setup they were more or less playing ping-pong with the ducks so i walk down into a low spot where many of the birds were starting to stall out on and hunted that and at the same time someone hunted another pond a mile se of me. So once myself and the other guy/group got going all four groups were suddenly in nonstop shooting as the birds just kept circling around. I was in and out in 15 minutes and it was a five minute walk in. Definitely a crazy fun pass shoot.

Last edited:

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member

I had to cut the bottom of some doors a few years ago. Run the saw into some metal. Rockler has a small scanner like this that I purchased to scan before I saw. Also, I bought a Minelab metal detector and got a small probe much like this to pinpoint objects when you dig for them. However, I think this little metal detector you posted is nicer than both of them. I have two, but after reading this I think I will have three.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_1059.jpg

Got it done.

Account Deleted

Founding Member
Founding Member
The blue wing teal were stupid fat. Not sure how they got off the water. So, so much duck fat rendering down.

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The blue wing teal were stupid fat. Not sure how they got off the water. So, so much duck fat rendering down.

Been seeing that the last couple years too. You think they are eating better than the big ducks? Freshwater shrimp maybe?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84