Baffin Boots

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm going to pull the trigger on a set of Baffins pac boos for this winter's activities. Questions for those who have them....

Can you drive a pickup while wearing them?
Will a set of ice cleats fit over them?
Which style/model to buy?

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
Talk to dirtymike about these. I think he's in the same boat with you, and has done a bunch of research.

Frosty....

Founding Member
Founding Member
These are the ones I bought;

http://www.baffin.com/product-p/40000048.htm

You can drive in them but they are a little cumbersome. But, I don't even like driving with my muck boots...so I am goofy. Not sure on the ice cleats, I have never tried with these boots yet. Side note, while these boots are big, they are comfortable, and not bad to walk in.

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I picked up a pair of the Endurance last year. http://www.baffin.com/product-p/polam005.htm They are warm but big. I had some Sorel of some sort before and those were pretty big but these are quite large. I can still drive though. Walking much for hunting and at they will get heavy. In a coyote tourney they get too much by the end of day. If sitting on ice or treestand though they would be pretty good.

ElDuderino

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a pair last year. Yes you can drive in them. Cleats will fit, just have to get a set large enough. Model depends on how cold your feet get.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have the Apex headed my way via UPS. I will be able to give input in about a week. They say order at least a size larger than you normally wear.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's with the pocket thingamajigger on the endurance?

Didn't you have tennis shoes as a kid that had zipper pockets on the tongue or Camo Converse All-Star's with a zipper pocket on the side?

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they were called kangaroos. or maybe they were Zips...hahah Moon boots are the shit, unless you step in the hole

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
The never ending struggle of "which boots will my feet not freeze in." I've yet to gain any ground. The muck arctic pros are good to about 20 degrees for me. If I'm constantly moving, 10 degrees. After that, I'm either stuck in the ice house or on my way home. I've thought about the baffin titans the last few days. I have $100 in scheels cards that keep giving me the evil eye.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Did you guys hear that the Hardees in Devils Lake burnt down? So much for ribeye breakfast sandwhiches... WTF do we do now?

deleted_account

Founding Member
Founding Member
The never ending struggle of "which boots will my feet not freeze in." I've yet to gain any ground. The muck arctic pros are good to about 20 degrees for me. If I'm constantly moving, 10 degrees. After that, I'm either stuck in the ice house or on my way home. I've thought about the baffin titans the last few days. I have $100 in scheels cards that keep giving me the evil eye.

My fingers and toes get cold easily so I just resort to fishing in the shelter after awhile. I hate perch fishing so I don't need to run and gun anyway. Just setup on structure and wait for the eyeballs to feed

- - - Updated - - -

Did you guys hear that the Hardees in Devils Lake burnt down? So much for ribeye breakfast sandwhiches... WTF do we do now?

Did you hear who the three suspects are???

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pockets on the Endurance are just pockets. Kind of stupid and they also come with a fairly heavy duty carabiner on each one as well, again I have no idea why. I got them for like $60 so gave them a try.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pockets on the Endurance are just pockets. Kind of stupid and they also come with a fairly heavy duty carabiner on each one as well, again I have no idea why. I got them for like $60 so gave them a try.

You gave them a try and did you like them? Who had them for $60

jr2280

Founding Member
Founding Member
I think they are good unless you plan on walking a lot in them. They don't feel heavy at first but after coyote hunting for a day they get heavy. Some online place called 6pm had them on a discontinued color late last winter that same place still has them but for $155. Mine are all black with a little green I don't think they make those anymore. My $60 is wrong the more I think it was $90 my bad there. I only wore them a little but they seemed nice just big. They are going to be my cold weather treestand boots this year.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
My fingers and toes get cold easily so I just resort to fishing in the shelter after awhile. I hate perch fishing so I don't need to run and gun anyway. Just setup on structure and wait for the eyeballs to feed

but I like perch.

Lostlunker

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of Baffin Titan's myself and they are the warmest boot I've ever owned. They are really comfortable but they are not something you want to be walking long distances in. I would say if it's strictly for ice fishing you can't go wrong with the Titans, any other activities I would look for something less bulky. You can drive with the Titan's but it's not that easy and I probably wouldn't consider it too safe. I've heard Kahtoola microspikes fit over them but I've never tried. In all honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the Baffin offerings they make a good boot.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84