2016 ND Deer Opener

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Only 4 days 11 hours 31 minutes until deer opener. Who all heads out right away? I'm going to work a little into the afternoon then head north.

Tikka280ai

Founding Member
Founding Member
to be determined. depends on the weather. no point for me to go out it is gonna be as nice as the forecast says

Bri-guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's "Deer opener?" Been so long since I've had a tag, I don't even remember anymore...

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will be part of the "orange army" on opener. weather looks great for fishing, sun bathing etc. but ya never know when you could stumble on a bedded stud mule deer resting up for the rut.

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Dropping the kiddos off at daycare at 7:30 then making the trek to the deer woods. Should be in my spot no later than 10:30. Plenty of time to catch some Zzzz's pre noon hour.

Buck tag burning a hole in my wallet! Bow tag, too. Hopefully two will be coming home if I play my cards right.

Big J

Founding Member
Founding Member
What unit are you prowling around?

I will be part of the "orange army" on opener. weather looks great for fishing, sun bathing etc. but ya never know when you could stumble on a bedded stud mule deer resting up for the rut.

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey if I didn't have a deer tag I'd be throwing the batteries back in the boat. Looks like a better weekend for that.

- - - Updated - - -

I figure I'll still be able to rattle and grunt a young 3x3 in and fill the freezer.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still deciding....Nov 8th kinda spoils it up when you trying to plan a 4-5 day hunt, gotta vote you know.... Was thinking heading out Wed (9th) hunt till Monday (14th). Will be calling my cousin to see what the rut activity is in unit, some say its going to start early??? found place on net saying the nov 6th - Nov 12th is the window to hunt. Whats everyone's opinion on that????

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Still deciding....Nov 8th kinda spoils it up when you trying to plan a 4-5 day hunt, gotta vote you know.... Was thinking heading out Wed (9th) hunt till Monday (14th). Will be calling my cousin to see what the rut activity is in unit, some say its going to start early??? found place on net saying the nov 6th - Nov 12th is the window to hunt. Whats everyone's opinion on that????

Polls opened today for early voting. I'm getting it over with well ahead of Nov. 8.

cpete00

Founding Member
Founding Member
Taking my 4 year old twins out Friday afternoon. Most likely just drive around for a few hours then find a comfortable spot to sit where they won't spook to much with thier talking

AR-15

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Got a state wide tag so don't know where to start

Lou63

Founding Member
Founding Member
this is my last week of 4 ten hour days so I get Friday off gonna sleep in a bit then head out a few miles from home looking for the mature (smart) bucks that take vacation in Canada the first week of deer season here in ND.

Over the years have seen a few nice ones start working their way over the border when the gunfire starts.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82