Things my dog ate

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I don't know what she ate but she wasn't excited about breakfast. I came home and she wouldn't look at me. Not looking forward to finding out what she ate. I will notify the internet after the big reveal. Just hope she does it in the yard...

Petras

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think for my GWP the list of things she hasn't ate would be far shorter..... we'll just say that canned pumpkin is always in our house......

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our gsp is a vacuum. Just last week she ate an entire pork shoulder in mere seconds. Like Petras said, the list of things not eaten would be much much shorter.

BBQBluesMan

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yikes! A whole pork shoulder? That ought of plugged up the pooch for awhile! Haha

Last edited:

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our gsp is a vacuum. Just last week she ate an entire pork shoulder in mere seconds. Like Petras said, the list of things not eaten would be much much shorter.

What is it with GSP and eating greasy food. In may mine got ahold of about 3lbs of smoked paddle fish. Then got sick in the house the next day. I found out about her getting sick about 15 min before the realtor was going to show up with someone to look at our house.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've got a crazy pic of some stuff I've found in the yard, but I don't want to be the reason Vollmer implements a "no poop pics" rule. Pretty sure it was blue play-dough

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I've got a crazy pic of some stuff I've found in the yard, but I don't want to be the reason Vollmer implements a "no poop pics" rule. Pretty sure it was blue play-dough

Pics or it didn't happen 😎

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
Its funny this thread pops up today, after my wife cursing our gsp for eating our doughters dinner. The neighborneighbors girl had to ask why the puppy's poop is pink and sparkly. I wonder what toys are missing now.

BX2

Founding Member
Founding Member
About a week ago my yellow lab ate about a half pound of cooked bacon and all the paper towels it was sitting on. I was afraid the paper towels might plug him up. The next day he puked a huge wad of paper towels up in the middle of the bed. Our other dog is part lab ,part GSP.
if there is food anywere shell get it. She grabbed some ham out of the frying pan one day while it was frying. she gets locked up before we start cooking now.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
My old lab (dead 2 years now) ate about a dozen corn cobs. Fricken dog left corn cob shits all over the yard, for a few days.
He didn't learn, and did the same thing about a month later.
Other than that all of my dogs will eat about anything, but my new dog hates pretzels. Sitting at the lake eating some around the campfire, I throw him some, and he picks it up and spits it right back out, never seen a dog be picky.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Pics or it didn't happen 
image.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I really know how to class up a website. There's something that came out blue, ziplock bags, fiber fill from some sort of pillow or toy, some small bits of hard plastic. My yard is going to confuse the $h!t out of archeologists some day.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
My GSP, with the help of my old roomates GSP ate 7, or so, dozen sour cream with cream cheese frosting cookies right before Halloween a couple years ago.

Me and a couple of buddies get together in Aberdeen SD every year the weekend before Halloween to shoot a bunch of roosters with some of my friends from Aberdeen. We had hunted all day long and brought the dogs back to my GF's place for her to watch the dogs while we finished out our limit doing a little road hunting.

We got back to the house with my GF telling me how the two demons had just eaten 84 of her cookies. She spend the whole day putting frosting on them to make them look like witches and ghosts. I felt horrible, then she told me SHE was sorry and hoped it didn't ruin the hunting weekend. I felt so fricken bad after that!

savage270

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last night, my GSP dug up and ate a bunch of my wife's newly planted flower bulbs. I also discovered that I hadn't buried my dead minnows quite deep enough.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last night, my GSP dug up and ate a bunch of my wife's newly planted flower bulbs. I also discovered that I hadn't buried my dead minnows quite deep enough.

I have a neighbor that doesn't keep her dog on a leash and its always crapping in my yard. I dumped about 2 scoops of minnows in the backyard garden a couple times. She came over and told me how she had her dog puke minnows all over her place. I started laughing and told her that I had put them in my garden and if she didn't want her dog getting into them and puking in her house, she should keep him on a leash

She didn't say anything and went back to her house, dogs been crapping in the yard again, might have to go get some more minnows!

DirtyMike

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sounds like there's a common denominator to this threat. German shorthairs are great hunters, loyal, and will eat anything and everything.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Chocolate cookies my wife baked this afternoon. We were gone for 20 minutes and she snatched them off the counter. %$&@in' dog!!!

RustyTackleBox

Founding Member
Founding Member
My red lab ate shop towels last winter... don't know what was on them... also ate some clorox wipes about the same time... was fun picking them up last spring... when he was a pup he swallowed a pork bone whole because I was going to take it from him and swap it with one that had a little meat on it... he now doesn't get bones like that because he is a knot head

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Text from the wife tonight: "your dog killed a bird. [son] found it because she dropped it at his feet..." Good dog!!

(She also ate my daughter's candy. Bad dog)

7mmMag

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2 liter deep fryer at home, well I cleaned all the old oil out of it one day and just set out on my back porch for the time being. Well idiot me forgot I put it out there and I let my yellow lab outside to go the bathroom. 10 minutes go by and I remembered I left it out there.....by that time she ate every drop of that old oil. I started freaking out because I don't know if shes going to die from it so I let her in the house and started calling people. After being in the house for only 5 minutes she threw up alllll that oil. That was the nastiest thing I have ever seen in my life. My house smelled terrible for 2 weeks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82