Things my dog ate

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2 liter deep fryer at home, well I cleaned all the old oil out of it one day and just set out on my back porch for the time being. Well idiot me forgot I put it out there and I let my yellow lab outside to go the bathroom. 10 minutes go by and I remembered I left it out there.....by that time she ate every drop of that old oil. I started freaking out because I don't know if shes going to die from it so I let her in the house and started calling people. After being in the house for only 5 minutes she threw up alllll that oil. That was the nastiest thing I have ever seen in my life. My house smelled terrible for 2 weeks.

LMAO;:;rofl

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
FB_IMG_1436542620469.jpg

2 year old lab 1, squirrel 0 ... not sure how she caught this in the fenced backyard, with trees, that squirrels can climb...it looks rigid but I asure you it was not...it was still soft and warm when she dropped it at my feet
My theroy is she caught it while it ran across the top of the fence or she can now climb trees

wildeyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
my first lab loved cucumbers he would go to the garden and find them and rip them out and eat whatever was on the vine.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a 2 liter deep fryer at home, well I cleaned all the old oil out of it one day and just set out on my back porch for the time being. Well idiot me forgot I put it out there and I let my yellow lab outside to go the bathroom. 10 minutes go by and I remembered I left it out there.....by that time she ate every drop of that old oil. I started freaking out because I don't know if shes going to die from it so I let her in the house and started calling people. After being in the house for only 5 minutes she threw up alllll that oil. That was the nastiest thing I have ever seen in my life. My house smelled terrible for 2 weeks.

You win.

- - - Updated - - -

Last weekend my dog found the drip bucket on (someone else's) Traeger. Found it in the yard licked clean. Nobody's fault but mine.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

2 year old lab 1, squirrel 0 ... not sure how she caught this in the fenced backyard, with trees, that squirrels can climb...it looks rigid but I asure you it was not...it was still soft and warm when she dropped it at my feet
My theroy is she caught it while it ran across the top of the fence or she can now climb trees

Royce is impressed! Also - he's wondering if maybe your dog could come over and give him tips on jumbo squirrel hunting. Two out of his last three have been the little bitchy red ones.

RoyceSkwerel.jpg

martinslanding

Founding Member
Founding Member
Royce is impressed! Also - he's wondering if maybe your dog could come over and give him tips on jumbo squirrel hunting. Two out of his last three have been the little bitchy red ones.

The key is you have to feed them...lots of seed cakes...theory #2 : squirrel was to fat to climb tree due to all the bird food it ate

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The key is you have to feed them...lots of seed cakes...theory #2 : squirrel was to fat to climb tree due to all the bird food it ate

ah... I knew it. that's what I tried to tell galwhofishes!

but she disagrees. the rain of her Red Rider BB's likely causes the skwerels to burn unnecessary calories too.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
After several days of those stupid birds scolding the family and diving at the kids, the dog finally got what she was after. Stupid owls...

image.jpg

Redmist

Founding Member
Founding Member
IMG_20140519_204523_318.jpgOver the last couple of years my freaking dog has really become quite the tree rat hunter. He has even taken it apon himself to become a tree climber. He seems to figure out how to get up there and then forgets how to get down!!!!!!!;:;banghead

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
You guys are lucky. The one time my dog ate something (a sock) it plugged him up and cost me $1,500 to remove.

Good thing he's the best damn bird dog I've ever known. Sort of makes up for it.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
The list is so long I can only really go back to yesterday.

Monster High Barbie doll shoes, high heeled at that. Plus some other assorted plastic that he threw up on the basement carpet.

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
The list is so long I can only really go back to yesterday.

Monster High Barbie doll shoes, high heeled at that. Plus some other assorted plastic that he threw up on the basement carpet.

Allen, did you get upset when the dog ate YOUR shoes?!! ;:;rofl I didn't know you were into that sort of thing! :;:muahaha

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dog's gotten a lot better. In fact, just the other day I walked in on her cleaning up the pile of barf she left in the bedroom. She looked at me sheepishly until I gave her my consent to finish the job. That's a win!

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Allen, did you get upset when the dog ate YOUR shoes?!! ;:;rofl I didn't know you were into that sort of thing! :;:muahaha

Why yes, I was a bit perturbed. Little bassturd just keeps raiding my daughter's room. The day before it was a bag of colored pencils, crayons, and markers.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
My dog's gotten a lot better. In fact, just the other day I walked in on her cleaning up the pile of barf she left in the bedroom. She looked at me sheepishly until I gave her my consent to finish the job. That's a win!

Thats gross, but I have told my dog its ok to eat her own ralf so I didn't have to cleen up the majority of it.

Biglunch

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yesterday my lab ate an entire bag of gummy bears. My golden/basset didn't poop for a few days and I was starting to get concerned but finally I saw she dropped a part of foam cushion from the basement couch in the yard

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member

Our lab did the same thing back in the day, but didn't puke much of it back up. He was sick for about a week and could poop through a screen door. In the end he came out of it and his coat was nice and shiny. He also ate the whole metal handle off a fishing reel one time. That must have been fun digesting. Labs can be true garbage guts sometimes.

Bed Wetter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Every time I think she's gotten over eating things...

She walked to the back door and started gagging. I ran across the room but not in time. She threw up a pair of socks and part of a tennis ball. I kicked her out of the house and she wouldn't leave the back door. Just stood there staring at the puke wanting to eat it. Damn dog.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 247
  • This month: 132
  • This month: 99
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 81
  • This month: 50
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 45
  • This month: 44