Spring snow goose migration report 2017

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Both Canada and Cacklers rolling hard over bismarck today so would guess the snows are doing the same out east.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Went shed hunting today and was surprised to not see more snows in the sky. Thick with honkers

Srputz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was shed hunting today and the sky was full of snows all day

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was the ten day snowfall forecast. Unfortunately it's shifted some and a new storm was added.....it's actually 4 different storms so it's bouncing around quit a bit but this is the latest run including tomorrows storm.

Screenshot_20170305-181229.jpg

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
fair number of strings of snows working up 281 today. many retreated back to sd at dark. canadas were nuts over bismarck. may be able to find a few birds south of 94 for a few days but itll be short lived again.... the march tip-drill. itll be the stretch of single digit lows not so much the snow thatll push em back again. if i were chasing them id want to be in southern sd or the basins. but the walleyes have been willing and as i get older realize taste a helluva lot better, so ill stick to that.

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
That was the ten day snowfall forecast. Unfortunately it's shifted some and a new storm was added.....it's actually 4 different storms so it's bouncing around quit a bit but this is the latest run including tomorrows storm.

the-nimitz-class-aircraft-carrier-uss-carl-vinson-cvn-70-transits-the-strait-of-hormuz.jpg
so they're predicting 10-20 inches of snow for most of ND and SD the next ten days? Yikes. Snows were moving pretty heavy down in the Gackle area yesterday, along with all other types of waterfowl.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
so they're predicting 10-20 inches of snow for most of ND and SD the next ten days? Yikes. Snows were moving pretty heavy down in the Gackle area yesterday, along with all other types of waterfowl.

i hope they are wrong..........fml

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Big thing to keep in mind is storms out a few days are near impossible to predict and then factor in this is the combination of four storm and it's gets even harder to nail down. That said they were far more accurate about today's storm then what was being forecast by the local people.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish I didn't have stuff to do at work or I would be getting the kid out of school. Three fields today on the way back from herried they were feeding access section lines and about 15 yards high due to the wind.

Apres

Founding Member
Founding Member
On Sunday over S Bismarck I drove down and watched Canada's fly over town for about an hour. Had to be at least a couple thousand geese. I saw 6 mallards and 6 snow geese. The snows were singles flying with the big flocks of Canada's fwiw.

NodakBuckeye

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure a bunch of geese blew back to South Dakota today and I imagine there was alot of feather pointing and I told you so! goings on.

snowkiller

Founding Member
Founding Member
They were pouring over jamestown on sunday.Then saw alot going south in the evening

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am pretty sure a bunch of geese blew back to South Dakota today and I imagine there was alot of feather pointing and I told you so! goings on.
The south east corner has far different conditions then up north so they won't be near as quick to move. This is down at verona at 11:30 today.

ND-13Mile308east.jpg

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
Myself and a couple friends went out today. Only seen a couple good fields. We were able to make a couple sneaks first one resulted in 6 birds. The next one we got 34. Everything is froze up again. I'm guessing the birds will head south again until we warm up.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
This wind keeps up from the west your going to need blue plates to shoot them.

- - - Updated - - -

This wind keeps up from the west your going to need blue plates to shoot them.
So damed windy here in se I got white caps in the toilet.

jdinny

Founding Member
Founding Member
dean there you go lieing again that isn't Verona at 11:30 it clearly looks like 11:50 to me.....:;:
as far as the wind I sure do wish I could be laying in a spread NE of Bismarck and hunting darks haha holy moly there is 3 solid and by solid I mean feeds in the thousands of darks just hopping to one another. coming pretty much from every direction over Bismarck. any of the Bismarck guys seeing geese heading east or NE that's where there heading

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
how cool would it be if the gnf had a one day spring season on canadas? no plugs, no limit. one day hammerfest. make it a $50 dollar liscence and only open to residents....

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49