deer rifle results are out

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
68f8f960e12dee1c400fce1b9b993d3f.jpg
You had a 15% chance of drawing that muzzy tag and you seem surprised you didn't get drawn? FYI, next year you only have a 24% chance with 8 points.

Last edited:

Ericb

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are units that don't sell all the buck tags. The opportunity is there for everyone. You could shoot a buck every year and still accumulate enough points to get a badlands Muley.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
This is the exact reason i moved back to Sodak when i was about to become a resident up there.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
There are units that don't sell all the buck tags. The opportunity is there for everyone. You could shoot a buck every year and still accumulate enough points to get a badlands Muley.
Yes exactly . I know guys that do this , get a buck on second choice hunt buck every year and accumulate points . It gets tiring hearing everyone complain . There is opportunities...

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yes exactly . I know guys that do this , get a buck on second choice hunt buck every year and accumulate points . It gets tiring hearing everyone complain . There is opportunities...

Shhhhh . . .. don't let everyone in on the secret, it gets tougher and tougher to do this! Some people only want a tag in one specific unit and they are pissed when they don't get it. Being mobile is the key to getting tags.

Nanky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yea it must be rough being able to get up to what, 8 buck tags?

We're pretty limited in SD . . . If a guy were super lucky you could get 5 West River, 5 East River, 1 Refuge, 1 Black Hills, 2 Muzzleloader, 2 any bow tags . . .

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
We're pretty limited in SD . . . If a guy were super lucky you could get 5 West River, 5 East River, 1 Refuge, 1 Black Hills, 2 Muzzleloader, 2 any bow tags . . .

Enjoy it now , they'll run that state in the ground for hunting too . Why in the hell a state would let a guy kill that many does is unbelievable . Ask ND how that went

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
8 and counting
it was few years ago and I was told this by this guys friend. He was a dentist and had shot 25 does that season as he could keep getting tags. So all I thought was the guy had soon kind of killing problems. Stated he was giving the meat away. But there was a time you could kill and kill and then kill some more and at the blessing of game and fish.
Yes there is a lot to the equation but. db

Stan's Dad

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Enjoy it now , they'll run that state in the ground for hunting too . Why in the hell a state would let a guy kill that many does is unbelievable . Ask ND how that went

ever heard of "carrying capacity"? Or are you just arm-chairing this one?

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
someone PM me with units that don't sell all of their bucks via first choice please? can't say i would ever apply there. i am just more curious than anything. thanks!

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
Yeah!!! I got me a nd bow tag, a mn buck tag and a mt combo tag!!!! Woohoo!!!!!

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member

Im not a sd gfp bobo but they have done a damn good job managing the deer. They cut back tags when needed while keeping the opportunity pretty high. They also give people the option of shooting a buck or a doe when you draw the any deer or any white tail tag which will let some little deer get big. I know we went for double tags both east and west river to single tags and i didnt draw my any deer west river with a point and have to settle for whitetail. If i could i would give that tag back as i will get to hunt white tail east river and i really wanted to hunt muleys.

gr8outdoors

Founding Member
Founding Member
Successful whitey buck tag. And also daughters 1st year doe tag. More excited to take her out than myself!

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 29
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 14
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 12
  • This month: 11
  • This month: 10
  • This month: 9