So, If gas hits 5 a gal this summer...

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Late 70's,I remember prime interest rate hit 23%,had our country hanging on the ropes,gas hit a all time high at .44/gal,

snow - it went from .79cents in the late 70s to a 1.30 in the early 80s. i remember the 80s well

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
snow - it went from .79cents in the late 70s to a 1.30 in the early 80s. i remember the 80s well

I grew up in the big city,also my first real job was a filling station,full service pumping gas,checking oil,cleaning windows etc,this station had regular gas for .12/gal until mid 70's then the big jump .44/gal gas stations closed on sundays,I got strandedlate 70's in the middle of colorado during these times on a ski trip,small town bum fuck nowhere small town in my 69 mach one mustang,that 351 sure was a guzzeler,wish I still had that car.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's your point? Do you have one or just need something to complain about?

Why are they trapping them? Domestics getting mixed in that need killing? Trap and transport to create more opportunity elsewhere? Trapping nuisance birds off private property to move instead of just killing them? If it's for any of the reasons above, which is more than likely, I'll gladly pitch in fuel money

Wow

- - - Updated - - -

What's your point? Do you have one or just need something to complain about?

Why are they trapping them? Domestics getting mixed in that need killing? Trap and transport to create more opportunity elsewhere? Trapping nuisance birds off private property to move instead of just killing them? If it's for any of the reasons above, which is more than likely, I'll gladly pitch in fuel money

Wow

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow:
Gas at that station was cheap:
In late 60 i was at school in Fargo. Would go to the Hudson station in Moorhead as it was 25 cents. For a buck one could drag boardway all night.
In mid 70 i was working for a rancher out west ND. Got gas for 15 cents from his tank. I assume it was consider farm use so no highway tax.
Ford, not that i was a Mopar fan but. My first car was a 52 Buick Super and then 9 more cars until i bought a 77 Saloon new, five speed manual, which was a keeper and i still have. Saloon was $6500 back then and now they want more than that for a new paint job. First one paid 50 dollars and sold for 25. Age 12. All i have left is picture but also wish i still had a couple of them. Wife had a 63 Corvair convertible when we got marry which was sold to finish paying for her wedding ring. She still has the ring on her finger.

Back then we never did talk about mileage, only HP. db

Last edited:

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
Leaving Lake Havazu City, Arizona tommorrow AM. Topped off gas tank at $4.79 gallon! Hope ppg decreases as we head back to ND!!!!!!;:;banghead

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Snow"
Found a 51 Buick on internet for 3500. Said it would be a summer project. I think it is the first time i have seen the middle post on door rusted half off. Otherwise, they go 12500 and up. Guess i have own my only 52 Buick in my life. db

That guy

Honored Member
If my leg is healed I’ll still fish cuz I don’t have a loan on a $80000 boat.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
If my leg is healed I’ll still fish cuz I don’t have a loan on a $80000 boat.

Wonder how many 80G boats will even get sold this year, not in my plans, hell my plans for new home has hit that back burner.

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wonder how many 80G boats will even get sold this year, not in my plans, hell my plans for new home has hit that back burner.

Not as many as dealerships would like I bet considering whats happening in the world right now. Going to be a boat bubble soon. Sticker shock starts this weekend in Minot at the boat show. For example, last year a skeeter wx1910 was $61k this year its $69Kish for same boat. $70k for a 19 footer is just gross. Oops, dont forget sales tax. LOL F That.

Last edited:

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Not as many as dealerships would like I bet considering whats happening in the world right now. Going to be a boat bubble soon. Sticker shock starts this weekend in Minot at the boat show. For example, last year a skeeter wx1910 was $61k this year its $69Kish for same boat. $70k for a 19 footer is just gross. Oops, dont forget sales tax. LOL F That.
Sticker shock is worse when people see the prices for used boats…… unreal

- - - Updated - - -

Late 70's,I remember prime interest rate hit 23%,had our country hanging on the ropes,gas hit a all time high at .44/gal,

If interest rates go even half to a quarter of that businesses that sell items with loans will take a big hit! People will not be able to afford toys and hopefully prices fall. Something will have to give with high prices and high interest rates! The same goes with home prices, average people’s salaries are not keeping up with inflation so who is going to be able to buy a house with high prices and high interest rates. Not looking pretty…..

701FishSlayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sticker shock is worse when people see the prices for used boats…… unreal

- - - Updated - - -
Used prices are silly right now too. There is a dealer in Minot that has the same boat as mine listed at 7k higher for a year older boat.

- - - Updated - - -

I’m going to list mine for stupid money and see if it sells.

It will. Inventory will be crap again this year.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
img_1_1647134204548.jpg

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
For some of these folks, the monthly fuel bill to run the boat will be higher than the monthly payment to buy the boat! At that point you'd think prices will start coming down......who knows, but going to be interesting to watch.

ORCUS DEMENS

Founding Member
Founding Member
Here are the 17 federal officials who opposed the Russian oil sanctions. So not all blame falls on Biden.
17 Oil Ban Opposers
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/...wmakers-who-voted-against-the-russian-oil-ban
Oil Production in the U.S. rising since 2020 drop.
Domestic Oil Production
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS1&f=M
Thousands of drilling permits unused after issuance
Outstanding drilling permits

https://wwductionw.accountable.us/n...ore-public-lands-drilling-permits-than-trump/
https://seekingalpha.com/news/38109...ds-of-untapped-oil-drilling-permits-bloomberg

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
In all honesty I will adapt and make due. Always have and always will. LB

snow1

★★★★★ Legendary Member
$60 -$80k for a new walleye rig sounds cheap,two years ago my pard ranger sponsor rig with his 300/9hp kicker yammies,rigged by lowrance electronics.

$120k,two years ago I think he ended up with a nitro last season since ranger shut down sponsorship,I keep forgetting to ask him as he moved from minn to bismarck,we no longer fish together,just herd rumors.

- - - Updated - - -

Db....I no longer have my mopar project as it went up in flames last month,my heavy line guy was waiting for a replacement rearend was welding on another classic 69 z28,welding spark started the blaze,burnt so hot my aluminum wheels melted,figure $100'gs "gone" my insurance only coverd $25k,still in shock.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
$60 -$80k for a new walleye rig sounds cheap,two years ago my pard ranger sponsor rig with his 300/9hp kicker yammies,rigged by lowrance electronics.

$120k,two years ago I think he ended up with a nitro last season since ranger shut down sponsorship,I keep forgetting to ask him as he moved from minn to bismarck,we no longer fish together,just herd rumors.

- - - Updated - - -

Db....I no longer have my mopar project as it went up in flames last month,my heavy line guy was waiting for a replacement rearend was welding on another classic 69 z28,welding spark started the blaze,burnt so hot my aluminum wheels melted,figure $100'gs "gone" my insurance only coverd $25k,still in shock.
Sorry to hear

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88