Go to fishing reel

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who rebuilt yours?
A place in texas off of the shimano repair center list on their website. Shimano didnt have the parts and sent my reels back to me. They felt bad they didnt have the parts and sold me 3 carbon stradics for 130 bucks a piece. Then i called all the repair centers and found the one in texas with the parts. #doubledownwinning

MuskyManiac

Founding Member
Founding Member
All my Abu baitcaster reels go to Pure Fishing in Iowa. I've heard good stuff about Pimp My Reel out of Wisconsin as well.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I had 2 Pfluegers(Patriarch and Supreme XT) I sent in with a little note asking nicely to fix or replace please. I had new reels in about 10 days. They were significantly past their warranty period as well. I like the Patriarchs when you can snag them for 140-150 bucks as I am addicted to the light weight.

Sub_Elect

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a Quantum smoke that I really like and a Stradic Ci4, as well as many others. I really like the smoke, not so sure on the Stratic as I have used it very litlle.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
And rapalas dont work and buck brush is the devil....
yesterday, just for you I pulled two rapalas and two reef runners the whole time I pulled cranks. guess what? that's right no fish on the raps, all on the reefs. It was hilarious. But I gave it the old college try. And yea, buckbrush taking over my fifteen acre horse pasture is the devil.

huffranger

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the Stradic Ci4 Tried Okuma, Quantum and Flueger high end reels and am back with the Ci4's

Just my honest opinion,,.....

Has anybody fished with a Stella ? Some day when I get a good bonus I'll buy one.

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
yesterday, just for you I pulled two rapalas and two reef runners the whole time I pulled cranks. guess what? that's right no fish on the raps, all on the reefs. It was hilarious. But I gave it the old college try. And yea, buckbrush taking over my fifteen acre horse pasture is the devil.
Hahaha its july now. I was talking spring shallow bite. Hahha

WLYHNTR

Founding Member
Founding Member
Im a big fan of the Pflueger Supreme, never tried a Patriarch yet to see how much of a difference there is. Have a few buddies that have Stradics and they love em.

Kasey

Founding Member
Founding Member
My plueger patriarchs seem good. I really don't know that much about reels, so I just buy the pricey ones, to be sure.:;:smokin

Enslow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Abu garcia makes a sweet little line counter reel for about a 100 bucks. It is much better than my diawa sealines IMO without having to step up to the 200 dollar class baitcasters.

eyexer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hahaha its july now. I was talking spring shallow bite. Hahha
your just making the rules up as you go along ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Abu garcia makes a sweet little line counter reel for about a 100 bucks. It is much better than my diawa sealines IMO without having to step up to the 200 dollar class baitcasters.
I'm going to try those. Been looking at them for awhile now

lunkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
When I got my truck stolen my fishing rods ( Fenwick elite tech w/ quantum exo, St Croix Avid w/ quantum tour edition reel) were in the pickup box which has a topper, that was backed up against the garage door so none could steal them.. well unless they decided to take the whole truck. So there was a quantum tour edition brand new with no box or extra reel and it still went for $280+ wow. This was exact same reel I had with box and spool which I paid 180$ two years ago. They are awesome reels if anyone has tried them or if someone has a tour edition for sale that doesn't care for them because they are on the heavy side, I will buy to replace the ones that are gone.

BGH

Founding Member
Founding Member
If you are looking to stay around that same price range, check out the Okuma Ceymars. Great little reel for $50.
The shimano symetre and Sedona are great reels too.
I'm a huge fan of Daiwa reels. There Fuego ($100) and their ballistic($200) are fantastic reels.

Feildhunter701

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just sitched from shimmano to pluger.. And I have been really happy with them. I. My experience a fishing real will only last a few years. So I like to buy the mid range ones.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Who professionally cleans reels and tunes them?

Me myself and i

- - - Updated - - -

I have never wore out a spinning reel. They get dirty and the line straighter is often times an issue. Baitcasters is the spool release. I ha v e all brands. As many that will fill my rod lockers. Shimano quantum Diawa..... they all work.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
I like the Stradic Ci4 Tried Okuma, Quantum and Flueger high end reels and am back with the Ci4's

Just my honest opinion,,.....

Has anybody fished with a Stella ? Some day when I get a good bonus I'll buy one.

Yikes. Nice, but $700 is very steep for a freshwater reel.

- - - Updated - - -

Two Pflueger Presidents, one President XT, one Supreme XT. All have been good. I have a ton of miles on them all. Spend a lot of time throwing cranks in the current, so they get used.

Saw a bumper sticker on a fly-fishing site the other day. Said "If it was easy, they'd call it trolling". Made me laugh.

Platinum

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just got a Cabelas flyer in my paper today. Noticed the Pflueger Patriarch are on sale for $129.99. That is $70 off retail and as low of a price as you will likely be able to buy them for as new in box.
Sale runs August 25 thru September 7 and it also said if you spend $150 or more in store you get a $25 Cabelas Bucks.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 132
  • This month: 118
  • This month: 70
  • This month: 64
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 56
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 51
  • This month: 49