Another winter storm

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I heard about the LRC prediction of around Easter. But I heard nothing about April 4th. Hmmmm….interesting. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I just know that I need a 50,000 dollar tractor and 8' wide snow blower. My township road has just an 8' wide path with snow 3. deep and deeper on each side. Even some of the county roads are down to one lane. Mama packed up for another weeks stay in Fargo for work and she was not happy when she left this morning. LB

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just know that I need a 50,000 dollar tractor and 8' wide snow blower. My township road has just an 8' wide path with snow 3. deep and deeper on each side. Even some of the county roads are down to one lane. Mama packed up for another weeks stay in Fargo for work and she was not happy when she left this morning. LB

I feel your pain. My wife was recently looking at cheap houses in town on Zillow. The resentment of why we live, where we live, has been extra strong this Winter.
And I do have a +50k tractor with 74" blower. It ain't been big enough for this winter.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
@Allen,

Any idea where they got that number? USACE is showing just over 100% of median YTD.

"According to the USDA, the upper Missouri River in Montana and North Dakota is seeing 184% snow water equivalent in our region."

https://www.kxnet.com/news/state-news/ag-energy-snow-water-equivalent/
Only thing I can think of is that someone has a typo in their article.

1678816236518.png
This should be the "USDA" source cited in the article. NRCS falls under the USDA.

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
yeah we seem to be just above average at this point
1678819305749.png

Last edited:

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
After I got done moving snow Saturday morning, I called my brother in Reno to express my hatred for this winter. He told me to look up the snowfall in Tahoe and shut up really quick. I have come to the conclusion, however, that I am moving elsewhere when I retire. As much as I love this state, I am disliking winters as I am getting older.

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
After spending some short periods of time the last three winters on the gulf coast of Alabama and Florida and then returning to winter’s icy grasp before I was ready I can say with the greatest of ease that even at my relatively young age winter can go suck an egg.

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
After spending some short periods of time the last three winters on the gulf coast of Alabama and Florida and then returning to winter’s icy grasp before I was ready I can say with the greatest of ease that even at my relatively young age winter can go suck an egg.
Agree, when the time comes, I will be wintering for a few months south, for sure.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I will also be running dogs down south over the winter and coming north for summer when i can

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
wife and i have been thinking about this, thinking more in the lines of Montana or south Dakota. both have a lot nicer winters than northern nd.

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gee wizz,another dump heading east from Montana, is this #4 or #5? Not to mention another Doozie hitting the west coast today.

Enough!

Not much talk about snow melt and the red river,gotta think another bad spring flood,maybe the worst to date?

What do you guyz think?

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gee wizz,another dump heading east from Montana, is this #4 or #5? Not to mention another Doogie hitting the west coast today.

Enough!

Not much talk about snow melt and the red river,gotta think another bad spring flood,maybe the worst to date?

What do you guyz think?
Soil was dry going into fall, not as much frost due to early/deep snow cover. RRV will be fine unless there's some black swan spring rain event. Even then - can't see breaking 38-39ft. (2011 type event)

On top of that - the soil that is frozen is suprisingly warm (practically thawed already) at only 30F. It won't take much to get it to receive water.

Last edited:

johnr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Soil was dry going into fall, not as much frost due to early/deep snow cover. RRV will be fine unless there's some black swan spring rain event. Even then - can't see breaking 38-39ft. (2011 type event)
I thought all of western ND oil money was taken to build a diversion in the valley?
I know it sure wasn't spent on any of our western needs, where the money was actually made.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 49
  • This month: 35
  • This month: 33
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 26
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 19
  • This month: 14