Another winter storm

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo people are just pissed because the weather probably interfered with a big LGBQT rally or child grooming event. :ROFLMAO:

Fargo people are just pissed because the weather probably interfered with a big LGBQT rally or child grooming event. :ROFLMAO:

The only thing that is pissed is the cop cars back seats in Bismarck. ...duel...

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Fargo isn't my area of operations, but you can get the NWS' probabilities for flooding along the Red and its tributaries here: https://www.weather.gov/fgf/

Montana snowpack (Missouri and Yellowstone headwaters) is right at normal for this time of year. That suggests we will at least see better runoff than we have the past few years.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
DO NOT look at the Tropical Tidbits 10:1 precipitation forecast between now and March 13th. Those of you in the Mobridge to Aberdeen areas might shit yourself. It currently is saying 54” of new snow.

Attachments

5A86092A-C4D1-4C80-819C-0A8CD70B5876.png

BDub

Founding Member
Founding Member
Unlikely but Oahe could sure use it.
GFS throws out some crazy numbers once in a while.

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
DO NOT look at the Tropical Tidbits 10:1 precipitation forecast between now and March 13th. Those of you in the Mobridge to Aberdeen areas might shit yourself. It currently is saying 54” of new snow.
Long range, GFS is decent to let you know "something may be coming", but when it comes to snow amounts beyond 3 days out its a crap-shoot. Last Sunday was a great example of that. Still fun to watch the predictions on precipitation change twice per day.

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Ya…I se that it has dramatically changed to half the amounts that it showed last night. I sure hope the mountains continue to get good spring snow storms. Need the Yellowstone to run hard for a while.

LBrandt

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I love my wife BUT she cannot get it through her thick skull that the snowplow driver works part time, its not a full time job. LB

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hey @Allen, on the Bis NWS website, in the hourly forecast data area, where is that data pulled from? Computer models or do staff drop it in?

NDwalleyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Keep us updated on snow falls and storms that are likely to hit.
BBJ, I would just stay down there until mid-April at this point. Looks like day temperatures won't be consistently rising above freezing until after the 20th. We may have another several inches of snow by then too. There is a lot of snow to melt...going to take weeks to unthaw this State.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
BBJ, I would just stay down there until mid-April at this point. Looks like day temperatures won't be consistently rising above freezing until after the 20th. We may have another several inches of snow by then too. There is a lot of snow to melt...going to take weeks to unthaw this State.
My wife gives me crap every time my pea brain says “unthaw”. 😏

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 197
  • This month: 161
  • This month: 148
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 119
  • This month: 95
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93