Buying gold and silver.

Pheasant 54

★★★ Legendary Member
The retailers and MInt went crazy on pricing when the pandemic hit. I see now you can buy both gold and silver at a little over market , Maybe Costco getting into it made a difference who knows . I realize everyone needs to make a profit but it was out of control the last 4 years

Wall-eyes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold price was up to $2,200 or so ounce about couple weeks ago still hanging on, don't need money yet bought alot 35 years ago for $350 to $450. Bought alot silver too was like $8 to $10 ounce it just does not grow as fast think like $25 now not really impressed.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
Gold price was up to $2,200 or so ounce about couple weeks ago still hanging on, don't need money yet bought alot 35 years ago for $350 to $450. Bought alot silver too was like $8 to $10 ounce it just does not grow as fast think like $25 now not really impressed.
Ill buy the silver you are unimpressed with! Ill give you 18 bucks an ounce.

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
The vast majority of analysts, traders and bankers are bullish. That may be a yellow warning light. A few expect bullion to rise to $2,500 an ounce. They cite favourable financial conditions. The Swiss National Bank is the first major central bank to cut interest rates. The US Federal Reserve Board and other central banks are forecast to follow. It’s an election year. Wars are dragging on.

After touching $2221 an ounce, a few days ago, gold slipped to $2160. But on Thursday March 28 it soared to an all time peak $2234. This is a decisive break. To sustain the upward trend gold should remain above $2200.

The flags in the bull ring are flapping northwards. Those who know why aren’t telling.

Obi-Wan

Founding Member
Founding Member
2011 I bought an oz of gold for $1,800 and gave it to my dad for money I owed him. After my father and then my mother’s passing I bought it back for $1,200 in 2017, today it’s worth $2,200. Today $2,200 doesn‘t buy half of what $1,800 did in 2011, Saying gold keeps up with inflation is bs.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
If they ever figure out how to get to the gold in the center of the planet, it should end up cheap as lead... Of course who knows if their predictions are accurate, but best guesses say there is A LOT of gold in the earth!

"It's difficult to determine the exact amount of gold in the Earth's core, as it's not directly observable. However, scientists estimate that the Earth's core contains approximately 1.6 quadrillion tons of gold. "

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
its interesting to SAY, but I cant imagine how it would or could be implemented in reality without having crazy problems... Can someone explain how it could happen?

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
its interesting to SAY, but I cant imagine how it would or could be implemented in reality without having crazy problems... Can someone explain how it could happen?
Federal reserve needs to buy up ounces of gold. Then print money backed by that gold. They should never be allowed to print more gold backed dollars than they have ounces to account for.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's not possible that I know of. If the US had every ounce of gold ever mined, it would still be would be a fraction of our debt and dollars currently in circulation.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
That's not possible that I know of. If the US had every ounce of gold ever mined, it would still be would be a fraction of our debt and dollars currently in circulation.
Exactly. So we would need to go completely bankrupt and start anew.

Lycanthrope

Founding Member
Founding Member
Exactly. So we would need to go completely bankrupt and start anew.
I dont imagine how it could happen where people in the know dont take advantage of it, hurting everyone else in the process, before it is made public. Youd almost have to have the US govt seize all gold in the country, keeping track of what they took from whom, and at the same time take a picture of all cyber assets and then create a new dollar system and give that back to the people in an equivalent amount of the new currency. Even that would create a HUGE mess and confusion and likely violent protest. Then if the people who had gold wanted to buy gold back, they would have to do it with their new adjusted currency and would get a lot less, but approximately equal value. With amount of 'fake' money in the system tho, price of gold would probably go to hundreds of thousands / oz and people in other countries that own gold would become much richer than US citizens, really I think its probably not possible. But its a nice pipe dream...

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84