Buying gold and silver.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
Are they good investments? Obviously the government makes $ off them? Admittedly I am obviously ignorant on this. I can only assume that the answer to the former is yes. But, the latter?

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can make money off of those. for instance eagles go up in value on dates alone. A 2014 silver eagle is worth a lot more than 2023. I’ve been collecting since 2013. Certain years are worth more than other higher mintage years. If you can afford it buy a few. Bottom line is they go up and they go down depending on the silver market. Right now it’s down compared to several months ago when it was 28 bucks an ounce spot. Who knows, if the economy crashes silver and gold could double in value quickly. in a great stock market economy silver and gold weakens and that’s when you should buy. At least that’s what I have always went by.
use cotton gloves. Keep in a safe with a dehumidifier rod

Last edited:

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maybe just me but my toughts if economy crashes, and the only means of purchase is gold or silver, aren't people going to just jack prices up beings they know that is only way of buying ? Just tossing it out there . . .🤷‍♂️
Haven't really looked into it much.

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
You can make money off of those. for instance eagles go up in value on dates alone. A 2014 silver eagle is worth a lot more than 2023. I’ve been collecting since 2013. Certain years are worth more than other higher mintage years. If you can afford it buy a few. Bottom line is they go up and they go down depending on the silver market. Right now it’s down compared to several months ago when it was 28 bucks an ounce spot. Who knows, if the economy crashes silver and gold could double in value quickly. in a great stock market economy silver and gold weakens and that’s when you should buy. At least that’s what I have always went by.
What would be a fair price to pay for a 10 ounce silver bar? 2013, .999 silver? Today. I am probably gonna get me a bar.

Last edited:

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Iv'e always been scared of Gold and silver just in case there would be a huge discovery that would make it worth less . Just the way I was wired from the factory.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
What would be a fair price to pay for a 10 ounce silver bar? 2013, .999 silver? Today. I am probably gonna get me a bar.
Looks like there are some in the 250 range. Seems to be a fair price around three bucks over spot or less
did not see the 2013. The ones I have seen do not have a date. bummer

Last edited:

Maddog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Awhile back I posted on the potential merits of gold and silver.

I was told "a pail of minnows is a better investment."

What happened/changed?

Or did the minnows die.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bought some more silver eagles around the 20th. Spot was down premiums down. Premiums are still good.
I am done for this month. Might start buying a hundred $ worth per month versus putting it in the bank. Kicking myself for getting away from that.
for those that live near Minot you have a great gold and silver dealer. He has some good YouTube stuff
https://www.youtube.com/@minotcoinbullion

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just looked at a relatively large gold and silver website. They are buying at $22-something an ounce and selling at $33 an ounce.

Ouch....

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
There’s a bunch of websites so it depends on what you’re looking at. Realistically silver shops buy wholesale and sell for something over spot depending on if it’s just a bar of silver or a round or mintage coins. For silver eagles there is no shop or online website buying below spot. Doesn’t happen. I can look at 10 different online websites that all have different prices. There’s one or two right now that are really cheap compared to others for silver eagles. That’s who I buy from. Look around and find the deals.
there is a lot of good info on YouTube from the guy in Minot. He’s honest and will tell you what he pays compared to what he sells for.

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
good time, premiums low. Picked up silver eagles. I wish everyone could hold one of those in their hand

3Roosters

Founding Member
Founding Member
good time, premiums low. Picked up silver eagles. I wish everyone could hold one of those in their hand
Is there a "club" of sorts that meet weekly, monthly or otherwise that meet either locally in a cafe or what not,or virtually, that discuss what a person may wish to buy or sell? Id be interested in that type of group.

Sum1

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've bought a couple Krugerrands for my boys off eBay. Plenty of high quality sellers on there. Do your research and don't buy the first thing that pops up.
Damn I’d be nervous of getting a fake on eBay. Even if I did my research. If the local guy sold me a fake at least I could go in there and threaten his life. Lol

Fishmission

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’ve bought some from eBay. Sometimes the premiums are a little higher but there are some deals. eBay is very harsh on folks that try to cheat.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84