Muck Boots equivalent

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm looking for comfortable boots equivalent to mucks but more comfortable .
My muck Boots chafe my ankles and heels .

riverview

Founding Member
Founding Member
look at xtratuff on and off easy can get insulated or non insulated

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
I just bought a pair of Cabelas scent free rubber boots,not neoprene,but knee high,anklefit,and very comfortable.Replaced a pair of alpha burlys,and they are way more comfortable.Two camo patterns on closeout thru Bass pro 59$.

Big Iron

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muck boots do the same to me. The heal wears out and then tears my feet up. Try some KAMIK brand boots. Two seasons in and still feel great.

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Muck boots are not what they used to be. I have heard the guy who was behind Muck now has Dry Shod Boots. I have not seen them as there is no dealer up in the north, but definitely will give them a go. On their site the price is fair especially if they do what Muck boots used to do.

Sluggin_Guts

Founding Member
Founding Member
Lacrosse boots. I put a ton of miles on mine during calving season and they are really comfortable, easy to slip in and out of, and have held up really well for me.

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
Agree on the Lacrosse boots. I wear them in construction and they are by far the most comfortable I have found. And significantly more durable than the Muck brand as well. I can't say I'd hike 10 miles in mine, but I can comfortably spend a day on a jobsite with them.

Griz

Founding Member
Founding Member
What Lacrosse boots would you recommend ? I'm in construction also and have to shovel some .

Traxion

Founding Member
Founding Member
What Lacrosse boots would you recommend ? I'm in construction also and have to shovel some .

The Alpha's are nice, similar to Muck in that you have a tighter ankle fit. The durability is better than the Mucks (neoprene to rubber area) and the fit is better. But in all honesty, the old Burly boots work really well for me. I've had both the Alpha and Burly. I will be buying Burly's again (if my current ones wear out), never again will I have Mucks.

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I bought a pair of Bogs Work Series from Home of Economy. They were cheaper, not as tall, more comfortable and lighter. The sales lady said a lot of working guys were buying them. Time will tell.

Fish On!

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
How is warmth factor in comparison to the Mucks ?
Ice fishing purpose

shadow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do the LaCrosse have good support in the foot and easy to take off? I used to have a pair of those and they sucked, no support under feet and getting them off was terrible, so I tossed them!

TFX 186

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Supposed to be as warm as the Muck boots. I got mine later in the winter when it wasn't as cold. I will be trying them next winter. My feet usually freeze, so I should find out when it get cold.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a pair of Gander Mountain knee high waterproof boots that zipped up about 10 years ago. They are so easy to get on and off and were awesome for hunting but one has a slice on the top and leaks. Have not been able to find another pair like them. Anyone know of a decent waterproof boot with a zipper like that? Seems like the other boots are all a pain to get on or off for me.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
I bought a pair of Gander Mountain knee high waterproof boots that zipped up about 10 years ago. They are so easy to get on and off and were awesome for hunting but one has a slice on the top and leaks. Have not been able to find another pair like them. Anyone know of a decent waterproof boot with a zipper like that? Seems like the other boots are all a pain to get on or off for me.

Anytime I see boots and zippers referred to together all I can think of is the scene in Land of The Lost with Will Farrell in his high-heeled Florsheim Zipper-Boots.

Apologies for the high-jack.

wslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member

Try using rubber cement ( Bike tire repair), works pretty good for sealing leaks.

MuleyMadness

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I have 1200 gram Lacrosse. I have wore them ice fishing, deer hunting when its cold and everywhere else. Very comfortable. The only negative was I had to fix a wear spot in each boot about 6-8 inches above the foot on the front from walking around in them too much and bending that waterproof material it made a small slice through. I have had these for about 6-7 years and they have lots of miles on them. I put gorilla glue on them if it does not work I am ordering another pair.

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m on my second pair of Baffin Trappers. Not bad price and very comfortable for a rubber boot. I like the ability to pull the liner out to dry it as well.

hogslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have a pair of bogs that I love. Bought them 8 years ago and still going strong. They're light weight and comfortable and very warm. Only thing I wear ice fishing now. I've never owned Mucks or any other brands so I have no comparison though. I can tell you I'd definitely buy another pair of bogs in a heartbeat though.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 83