Open water is coming!

Vollmer

Founder
Administrator
I think I ask this every year, and rather enjoy everyone’s input on it, so here it goes again.

What do you plan to explore this summer?

I plan to learn the Tailrace a bit, and put a focus on jig fishing.
I’m sure I’ll still pull cranks, and family fish with bb’s, among other things, but jig fishing will be my mantra this season.

You?

dodgeguy

Founding Member
Founding Member
I plan on learning to use my electronics better and learn oahe by the state line better.

Bauer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Maiden voyage of 2019 in my boat will be to the Rainy River this year. Spent the evening packing in fact. A bucket list destination and I am making it happen with 2 really good friends.

Ive been tinkering and upgrading in the boat all spring, so its time to finally put it to the test!

Tight lines everyone!

Twitch

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m going to try to continue honing my use of jigging raps and the off brands that are similar. Last year really got me addicted to that. I also plan on doing some more pitching this spring/early summer with jigs. Had some success last year there as well and both are exciting ways to fish

raider

Founding Member
Founding Member
i was in family mode the past several years, but this year i'm throwing down a marker - 5 eyes over 30" and 2 pike over 50"...

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
There was 3 boats on the river @ Pierre, SD today when I went across the bridge.

Meelosh

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Either get my boat fixed or give up fishing completely and sell everything. Haven’t decided yet.

MathewsZman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wait until Saturday , there will be 100 and 3 plus . Allot of them plus will be at Fort Thompson as well . Last week at Fort Thompson there were 100 plus boats fishing within 300 yards of guys ice fishing .

Last edited:

Achucker

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Going to learn how to find fish using maps (prescouting) get on the water and use the electronics to locate and commence slaying

Auggie

Founding Member
Founding Member
1. Twinions are now three. Time to get them into fishing! I hope to play extreme netman countless times for them.
2. Try floro leaders on cranks. I use a lot of steel leaders.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am busy till easter wknd plan on ice fishing just like last year the fishkin was good. Then maybe a trip down south far enough to get on a spawn. Maybe spots or just plain lm. Back on open water in ND mid May if it warms up

honkerslayer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Learn boat control on a totally new rig. Going from a tiller to a big sparkly will be different but fun. Pretty much done building the cabin on Sak so now I can fish!! Looking forward to working on trolling setup and consistency. Going piking this weekend. We’ll see how that goes.

Captainbrad

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to learn to us i-pilot on my walleye boat. I'm sure it will be fine.

In my cat boat I need to learn high water techniques again. Been quite a few years since we have had really high water in the Red.

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
I got a wild "Nostalgia" thing going this year and I'm going to expand my jig options by making my own hair/maribou/flashabou jigs instead of using just soft plastics. I find it extremely satisfying to catch a pile of fish on your own creations.

BRK

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Gonna keep it simple this year, FISH MORE. Don't be lazy and take advantage of every hour I can get, whether it's shore, kayak, or boat.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
might be low T

better get that checked

i got a 619 ranger i can use any time i want to fill the freezer and i would rather go look for mule deer. I dont know why but i just lost the enthusiasm i used to have for fishing. I think it is the mountains and elks fault

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 188
  • This month: 153
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84