Rifle Opener 2019 countdown

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure this will change, but has anyone ever seen 10 straight days of W to WNW wind before? It seems to always switch at some point, but if this sticks -- that's pretty odd.

Deer Opener wind.JPG

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm sure this will change, but has anyone ever seen 10 straight days of W to WNW wind before? It seems to always switch at some point, but if this sticks -- that's pretty odd.

186540265_4306031382761724_6238781766367562443_n.jpg
It’s called a cold front .... and I hope it stays as predicted my best heated stands are setup for west and north winds

- - - Updated - - -

I’d like to save my gratis for muzzle loader season but after checking my cards this week it might be punched next weekend , or sooner with the bow.

SDMF

Founding Member
Founding Member
It’s called a cold front .... and I hope it stays as predicted my best heated stands are setup for west and north winds

- - - Updated - - -

I’d like to save my gratis for muzzle loader season but after checking my cards this week it might be punched next weekend , or sooner with the bow.

Stands? This is RIFLE season and we're not in WI! Get yourself afoot.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Stands? This is RIFLE season and we're not in WI! Get yourself afoot.
Why in the hell would I want to go afoot and chase deer off my land . Where I hunt and own land is river bottom , a heated tree stand on stilts over looking river bottom loaded with deer in November is the ticket

Paddledogger

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Just found out that the land my son and I hunted the past couple years was recently sold and the new owner bought it for hunting purposes. So now we will have to stay on the other side of the fence to the land we have permission to walk and hunt. Oh well! Beats sitting in the house watching nothing good on TV. I'm still hoping to be done bow hunting before the rifle season. Freezer is getting light on the summer sausage from last year. I think I need to put more into jalapeno cheese slim jims!!!

skywalker

Founding Member
Founding Member
Looking forward to the hunt. My son and I both have white tail bucks in 4D. Just to be able to hunt and spend time with him would be great. A bonus deer or 2 would be better. My son is at UND, we don't get to spend alot of time together. Good luck all and be safe.

Last edited:

tikkalover

Founding Member
Founding Member
No tag for me this year. ;:;ban.......;:;rofl but I’m one of those that can patiently wait my turn. For those of you that got tags, good luck and remember to aim small miss small!

Last edited:

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
ND and Montana mule deer are going to be rutting at same time and I have tags for both as well as a Montana Cow Elk tag , time is going to have to be divided equally ��

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reports from a couple buddies in NC and SC ND reporting farmers are combining like mad right now. I'm not sure how much ground they can cover between now and next Friday, but it's a good sign!!

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Reports from a couple buddies in NC and SC ND reporting farmers are combining like mad right now. I'm not sure how much ground they can cover between now and next Friday, but it's a good sign!!
Yeh but I’m guessing mostly beans won’t be hardly a kernel of corn off by next Friday

- - - Updated - - -

Last weekend if season could end up being best

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something is better than nothing, which is what it's been lately. I'll take beans. The sooner that's off, the sooner they'll start on corn. I don't know a single farmer who enjoys trying to combine corn in the winter.

Wrkn2hunt

Founding Member
Founding Member
Oldest daughter has a whitetail buck tag 2F2 so we will hunt first and last weekend. Youngest daughter has a youth mule deer tag out west. We didn't hunt the youth season due to a hunt I had scheduled in Wy but we will take a long weekend the second weekend and head west to get her a deer. I don't mind not drawing as I usually have a kid with a tag and that's way more fun than hunting myself.

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Something is better than nothing, which is what it's been lately. I'll take beans. The sooner that's off, the sooner they'll start on corn. I don't know a single farmer who enjoys trying to combine corn in the winter.
I hear you I’m just saying that most corn harvesting will be after deer season

Retired-Guy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Miss the old deer shack and camraderie from the big woods in northern Minnesota. Used to drive to the shack and never use the pickup again unless it was needed to retrieve deer. That was always a challenge on the muddy logging roads. One time I was stuck in a mud hole and a pair of man/women couples approached from the front of the pickup. One of them commented that "boys will be boys" until they got to the rear of the truck and saw three 8 point bucks in the box. Then it was "Whoa, where did you get them?". Still laugh about that.

Mort

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tick Tock is it Friday yet??? The weather is going to get goofy on us....snowing right now.....
Question on the tag thing....we still have to put part of it on our license? Looking at tag tonite getting things lined up for up coming season, I noticed it doesn't split it two like it does.......You usually stick to the license then sign it....we done doing that?

8andcounting

Founding Member
Founding Member
Tick Tock is it Friday yet??? The weather is going to get goofy on us....snowing right now.....
Question on the tag thing....we still have to put part of it on our license? Looking at tag tonite getting things lined up for up coming season, I noticed it doesn't split it two like it does.......You usually stick to the license then sign it....we done doing that?
Noticed same . Yep must be done since it’s all one piece on top now it all part of carcass tag

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 144
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 112
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82