bidden and AR

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I call up my buddy the internet and ask him about accuracy of a mini 14.

He told me one needs to understand the purpose of a certain rifle. The rifle was not design to be used in a bench shooting match but to go out and have some fun emptying the clip on whatever, be it a rock or a coyote. He said the newer one with 580 numbers are much better.

If i get an AR or mini14 it will be for the sake of owning one and to say i to have one. Not to hunt with. If i need to kill a coyote i have certain bolt action rifles that will do that job. But it is or will be kinda fun to let a 40 round clip empty on a coyote. At least that coyote will be scare of any vehicle within a mile of it and should then live forever. db

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
mini’s are not limited to 25yds - that’s kinda silly

I too have one - shot many a varmint and furbearer in the 80s w it. Some days sub-inch groups at 100yds... other days lucky to keep them under 3”. Drove a guy bonkers trying to figure out why. Ha ha.

They’re actually kind of a pleasure to shoot.

Bacon

Founding Member
Founding Member
mini’s are not limited to 25yds - that’s kinda silly

I too have one - shot many a varmint and furbearer in the 80s w it. Some days sub-inch groups at 100yds... other days lucky to keep them under 3”. Drove a guy bonkers trying to figure out why. Ha ha.

They’re actually kind of a pleasure to shoot.

Exactly. They are modeled after the M-14. Not really a gun known for its inherent accuracy. It was a battle rifle, and very good at that. A Mini is a gun you have in the truck at all times. Not a safe queen and not to punch paper and brag to your buddies about how accurate it is. It will get the job done.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
What the hell good is gonna be to try to buy one now when there isn't any ammo for them anyway.

That said I'm glad I sold all my guns years ago privately via cash only nothing to fear from me liberal gun grabbers move along.;)

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Snow;
While i sat in my bunker on a big hill top in 69 there was a quad 50 mounted on a duce and a half next to me. At times it would let all four barrels rib into the landscape. Barrels would turn red and one could see the bullet going down the barrel. They must of burn a few barrels up.
A 50 cal maybe more than i need. Do you think? db

naw db.m82 50 is a sniper rifle,reach out 1000+ to tickle those crafty yotes....plus a great conversation piece....good video of pdog shooting with a barett 50."dog's be gone" if you can find it,hot summer day,slow motion vapor trail of the 50 as it hits,disinegrates the dog to a red mist,now that would be fun.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
snow:
Not sure if turning a dog into red mist is on my bucket list so i decided on a wooden stock mini 14.
Found from $800 to $2500. Should of bought one years ago.
Not sure if they are really worth that much to me so will wait. Pray Bidden will not get what he wants and it will get back to normal.
Went to Cabela and other store in grand forks and no bullets. Glad i stock up years ago (including over 260 30-06 shells) and have the number of rifles i now have. Have a model 70 in 223 but never care for that shell so have no bullets. But i did not sell any of my guns. Took a life time to get. Some rifles i have not shot so have a summer of things to do. Looking forward to that, riding my scooter and working food plots. db

Last edited:

snow

Founding Member
Founding Member
Sweet db,fun toy,40rd clip?,get a couple more clips if you can find them,9mm? buy up what's available factory ammo is scarce now only to get worse.

Curious if your elk are still hanging out at your place? you puttin feed out?

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Yes and yes and some nice bull moose. Db

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Ha ha.Nyet.

What I wouldn't do to go back to those days at times. Man - that was pure hunting. You had to get close - so you did.

What a rush when you scored a tough kill like a flicker, blue jay, or grackle.

- - - Updated - - -

or get insane lucky and bean a thirteen stripe in the brainstem

stone cold dead and the BB only penetrated the skin

ba ha ha

- - - Updated - - -

autopsies were critical to learning

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
yup. to get a kill on a full size gopher ya literally had to hit em in the eyeball from sub 15-20 yards best i can tell in hindsight. never realized it til later in life. but, the only 2 kills i had with it were eyeball kills. probably no coincidence.

db-2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
guywhofish:

Yes back in the 50-60, after supper, winter time, taking my Red Ryder out the door, cats came running, up to hay mall, sparrows and those were great times with great memories. Still have the Red Ryder. No other rifle has given me more pleasure. db

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 129
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84