It's hot

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member

risingsun

Founding Member
Founding Member
All the weather nowadays is hyped up and sensationalized. The accuracy is (generally) no where near what they conjure up, and tends to send alot of people into a frenzy that is not needed. In my opinion, it is foolish to guess what might be, before the actual, factual, results are in from a gauge. No matter all the sophisticated equipment, computer models etc... Ma Nature ALWAYS TELLS THE REAL STORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sl1000794

Founding Member
Founding Member
We were living in south Houston in 1979 when tropical storm Claudette came ashore. We had 23" in 24 hours but south west of Houston Alvin, TX had 42" in 24 hours.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
besides holy shit did you guys get hit hard...

i completely disagree on the heat situation. you will almost never... and i mean never... here me complain about it being too hot. this last weekend included. our summers are so short and winters so long (i hate cold) that i will take what we can get in the summer.

thanks.

joe

Last edited:

Duckslayer100

Founding Member
Founding Member
I hate heat. This stuff is plain oppressive.

And if you ever hear me complain about the cold, you can flick me in the forehead. I'm that odd duck that relishes cold October and November days that greet you with frosted cattails, and tease snow on the wind.

I've always said, it's easy to add layers. But in the summer, you're kinda stuck stripping to your birthday suit -- and you're still hot.

shorthairsrus

Founding Member
Founding Member
besides holy shit did you guys get hard...

i completely disagree on the heat situation. you will almost never... and i mean never... here me complain about it being too hot. this last weekend included. our summers are so short and winters so long (i hate cold) that i will take what we can get in the summer.

thanks.

joe

Second that - AMEN brother.

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Hard no on that heat. My only goal as a kid was someday having enough money to live in a house with air conditioning and run it as much as I want. Ironically enough, my house doesn’t have AC. But we typically don’t get much over 75 here. Rarely get below 0 too!

As far as the rain, I remember a very large storm in Bismarck sometime back around 2010. We had buckets laying out and the John boat flipped up. Everything had about 9 inches of rain. I think places in town got 11 inches on that storm. Anyone else recall that?

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
just drove back from bismark and from moffit to hazelton it was getting wrecked. Water almost over 83 in places and water every where

Skeeter

Founding Member
Founding Member
besides holy shit did you guys get hard...

thanks.

joe
You obviously don’t work 12 hr shifts outside in that bullshit heat. I’ll take 20 below everyday over any temp over 80. I can always add layers to warm up but once the balls are dripping with sweat and my back is wet from sweat I’m pissed.

pointer

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hazelton area had hail for two straight hours and up to 6 inches of rain,and yet 10 to 15 miles south we did not get a drop of rain. We did go from 87 to 62 in a real quick hurry tho from all the hail up there, 10 miles south at Strasburg it was 88 yet just plain weird

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
20210608_132813.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

I was watching storms form noon to 7. At first they were moving North after forming up. Never hit Yates though. The picture is looking North from the hill by boat launch at Yates.

- - - Updated - - -

Then they started forming up west of the river, but they were STATIONARY. Weird to say the least. Got up to check for crawlers, we only have 1 cm or less than 0.5 in as of midnight. No crawlers dammit

Bfishn

Founding Member
Founding Member
^ I remember going down there and watching them clean out the underpasses...crazy stuff.

Ponyroper

Founding Member
Founding Member
Got up this morning and looked out my patio doors and thought, "WTF, where's my storage shed?". Looked to the left and there it was in my tree rows. Got no idea when it happened and didn't hear a thing or wake up but it's toast. That thing has stood through 40-70 mph winds many times over the last 7-8 years with no problem so I don't know what kind of wind took it for a ride. Nothing else within 50' of the shed was moved. I happened to look across the lot to my neighbors place and about shit myself. His new little horse shed was flipped on it's back and the tractor he had parked in it was standing on it's hind legs. don't know how the wind stood it up like that and didn't touch his horse trailer 50' away. Must have been some kind of microburst. IMG_2314.JPGIMG_2312.JPGIMG_2317.JPGIMG_2321.JPG

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 171
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 133
  • This month: 126
  • This month: 111
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 89
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 82