250 LBS of Week - Not Guilty

shorthairman

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I looked at this thread when it was first started just to see what it was, and I've noticed new posts recently so I quickly went back through. I'm not going to say yes or no to legalizing pot. But I do want to chime in on PG's "Most parents do a crap job of disciplining their children today. The current attitude is they want to be their best friend not their parent."

I whole-hearted agree. I am in education and it is unbelievable what parents think is cute, what they let their kids get away with, and the lack of discipline I see on a daily basis. We even had a parent come to school and ask us to punish their kid at school for what they did at home so they did not have to be the ones who punished him. THAT IS A TRUE STORY! Parents want their kids to get a trophy for participating and it has to be the same size and color as the trophy the winner gets. When their kid doesn't win, there is no "well you need to practice more often and harder." These kids want instant gratification, they want to look something up on the internet to find answers, even though everyone knows half the crap on the internet isn't right, they don't care because they just want any answer quickly so they don't have to work and maybe fail a couple times trying to come up with what is actually right or true.

My grandparents (who are now all gone) grew up in the 30's and I've seen ole "Abe's tears" (that's a classic!). They threw nothing away...they used it until there was nothing left to be used, and then it was parked in the trees instead of taken to the junk yard just incase there was the .001% chance maybe something else could be done with it.

My mom said growing up that Gma and Gpa would sit behind her and her brothers and sisters in church and if they weren't eyes straight ahead they got thumped on the back of the head or on the ear lobes. I was spanked growing up (I often said if I didn't get a spanking everyday, it was because both my parents were gone that day), my brother and sisters got spanked, and 99.9% of the time we deserved it. My oldest sister did not spank her kids because she said she didn't like getting spanked as a kid. Well, I'm not going to get into my nieces and nephews, but lets just say I don't think it worked out quite like she expected, and maybe some discipline here or there would have helped. My boss tells us every year to "treat the kids that come to us as well as we treat the kids that come from us". I want to kick him in the nuts every time I hear that because if I treated my students like I treated my own kids they couldn't handle it. By no means am I saying I have raised perfect kids, or done an outstanding job of parenting, but by gosh, my kids don't backtalk, they don't interrupt, they no better than to ask again if the first time it was NO, they say please, and thank you, and if they don't they know they will hear about it.

I feel we have catered to all of the people that want everything, but don't want to do a dang thing to earn it, and now it is back-firing in our faces and we are scrambling around with duct tape trying to fix the leaks...

Sorry so long...

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Davey Crockett, you say that if we let the police search, where will it all end? Give an inch, lose a foot - right?

So, legalize marijuana, but don't legalize (what is in your eyes) "hard drugs"? Who gets to decide? You? Me? Very different opinions, I'm sure.

Just because it's hard/expensive (to enforce the laws) doesn't mean we should give up, right?

I know that I'm picking out pieces of your argument, and I don't wish to get into a huge discussion about it, but I have to say that you can be as unbending as PG.

Damn right I can be . All I ever wanted was medical to be available and affordable as did the majority of the voters but instead our state government turned into a dictatorship.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what hell, let's just make recreational pot use legal, just to spite those damn dictators. Makes perfect sense. Great justification there guys!

How about vote the bastards out of office?

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
So what hell, let's just make recreational pot use legal, just to spite those damn dictators. Makes perfect sense. Great justification there guys!

How about vote the bastards out of office?

I wish it was that easy. We end up voting for the least evil and they turn over a new leaf shortly after they become part of the "clan". I think we will have better success holding them accountable for their actions.

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
I have to say that you can be as unbending as PG.
:) Thank you. Really your right. A song that always pissed me off was something about you have to bend like the willow in the backyard or you will break. Another cute poster women like to buy is the one that says something like God grant me the strength to change what I can, to ignore what I can not change, and the wisdom to know the difference. I would rather break than bend and God grant me the strength to fight tooth and nail for that which I believe in.

OK Davey C. I don't look at this as so much of a debate as two friends giving each other a little crap. Your enjoyable to talk with even though your as stubborn as I. You said I spend like a liberal. Oooooook, now who were the first to want any drugs legalized. Remember the 1960 cop hating, military hating, gag me with a spoon, valley girls????? They were not conservative and loved their weed.;:;popcornOMG it's Ooooorgaaaanic.

Last edited:

Wags2.0

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Voting age should be 30 to 60. Those younger are idiots and those older are too stuck in their ways.

JayKay

Founding Member
Founding Member
ha! Good one. Reminds me of a sticker I once saw. Two guys passing each other on the sidewalk. Younger guy has a t-shirts saying "Don't trust anyone over 30". Older guy has a t-shirt saying "Don't trust anyone under 30".

I'm 48, but I hate to think that in 12 years I'll be stupid and slow and irrelevant. Honestly, 60 isn't old at all anymore!

PrairieGhost

Founding Member
Founding Member
Jaykay I'll give you something to look forward to. When you get old enough that the hormones begin to diminish the brain actually works a heck of a lot better.;:;popcorn

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 104
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 75
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 72
  • This month: 59
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 47
  • This month: 46