3D Target

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Hey guys. I know most of you are out pounding fish this time of year, but my daughter really wants to get into archery. I have an old block style target that still works just fine. We would like to get a 3d target target that shows vitals to teach her where to shoot at the deer. Just wondering if anyone has input on a good target. The good the bad and the ........

Thanks guys!

TakItEz

Founding Member
Founding Member
Rinehart woodland buck is a very good entry level 3d deer target for the $$.

Founding Member
Founding Member
Last edited:

KDM

Founding Member
Founding Member
My Dad drew the heart and lungs with the outline of a deer on a piece of cardboard and stuck it on a hay bale. Zero cost and it got the point across. Being a youngster, she might not like the sport as much as she says she will. If she still has the fire after a couple months of shooting at cardboard, asks questions, and talks about hunting, then I might consider dropping the coin on a good 3D target for her. My daughter was all into archery for about a year. She wanted her own hunting bow and the whole nine yards. I bought her a good inexpensive non-hunting practice bow and she shot it for about 2 months during the summer in preparation for the season, but then didn't even wanted to sit with me in the stand during bow season. I even went hunting bow shopping with her to try to rekindle the interest, but no dice. After that first flare up, she decided she didn't like bow hunting and never touched it again. Go figure. I gave the practice bow away to a youngster last summer and he's just about wore the thing out. Good luck and I hope she keeps the interest better than my daughter.

Whisky

Founding Member
Founding Member
Get a Glendel buck.
They are anatomically correct and the vital can be flipped around so it lasts a long time and it can be replaced easy as well!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071JFXZDQ/?tag=nodakangler10-20

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JJMBWC/?tag=nodakangler10-20

If you want to leave it outside a cheap bbq grill cover works to protect it from the sun as well.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N9B1N6A/?tag=nodakangler10-20

They are pretty accurate. Right down to all the places where there are bone in a deer. Except in the Full Rut it's metal, and is pretty good at wrecking arrows and broad heads. Now I know most people on the internet only hit the vitals, but I'm not one of them. :D

I asked around last year and the Reinharts "Booner Buck" supposedly had less support stuff in them that can wreck arrows/heads. i don't have one yet. I see they did get quite a bit cheaper this year.

HammsRMK

Honored Member
Either way I am going to get one. It will help me out too I'm sure. The wife would like to get it to archery also, so there is another shooter. Maybe one out of the two will hang with me and hunt. If not I guess it will last longer for me. Thanks for the input.

Founding Member
Founding Member
We have the rhienhart muley, it is a great target.
I hear you about the full rut and that stupid metal I have one of those as well!

muzzyhunter

Founding Member
Founding Member
Another alternative might be to join local archery club,if possible.Our local club offers an outdoor range with 20 3d targetsto shoot at your convience,along with practice butts to 60 yards.We offer a family membership for 40$ a year,cant buy one 3d for that.If not the targets mentioned above would be good.I also did the KDM method,43 yrs ago,guess I stuck with it!!

labhunter66

Founding Member
Founding Member
Arrows are easier to pull from the Glendale buck targets but they're not as durable as Rinehart. Rinehart is more durable but have an arrow puller handy as arrows can be a bugger to get out of them at times.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 42
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 30
  • This month: 29
  • This month: 28
  • This month: 18
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 16
  • This month: 14