It's Hot

Kickemup

Founding Member
Founding Member
image.jpg

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
i am over summer come on fall and winter and spring this heat sucks hot sweaty balls

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our dehumidifier is making a gallon and a half per day. And heat. A Soleus air conditioner sitting on the floor with a hose out the window will do the same thing but instead make cool air.

So, went into Menards yesterday. Bad idea. That aisle was nuts. Including mine, saw 7 air conditioners sell in twenty minutes.

dean nelson

Founding Member
Founding Member
Our dehumidifier is making a gallon and a half per day. And heat. A Soleus air conditioner sitting on the floor with a hose out the window will do the same thing but instead make cool air.

So, went into Menards yesterday. Bad idea. That aisle was nuts. Including mine, saw 7 air conditioners sell in twenty minutes.

I feel your pain with the dehumidifier. It's a damn balancing act at my place trying to figure out which is worse the extra heat or humidity! Sofar just been slamming the house down as low as it can go at night so the heat doesn't build to high during the day.

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish we could put one of those portable units in our garage. We only have one window and that is a crank out window so can't use their exhaust setup.
Anyone have any answers?

tman

Founding Member
Founding Member
Bring on ice fishing I'm over this crap

Captain Ahab

Founding Member
Founding Member
Babies, give me 2 waters and a Yeti 110 iced down with Keystown. Stacks of walleye to follow...

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Babies, give me 2 waters and a Yeti 110 iced down with Keystown. Stacks of walleye to follow...

so you are saying you want ice fishing to start as a yeti with that much ice will freeze even the biggest of lakes

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
I'm loving this stuff since I lost 80+ lbs and got into shape, feels like my favorite place now which is Florida.Thumbs Up
When I was overweight and out of shape I would have made my bed up in the chest freezer about now.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
I am in the best shape of my life other than when i was in FT Sill Ok for basic training. The heat sucked big fat dongs then and it still does now. That experience is what convinced me i will never ever live south of south dakota. The two season thing hot and tity sprinkle hot are not for me.

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Once I passed 40 years old a few years back the winters and cold windy weather suck more by the day.
When I was younger I would not know who I am now with this attitude, I used to love the cold and long brutal winters, that phase of my life has now passed.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well in 3 years I bet I like cold and brutal even more as people suck more I like them less and most sucky people don't like cold and desolate.

Hookin8easy

Founding Member
Founding Member
Wish we could put one of those portable units in our garage. We only have one window and that is a crank out window so can't use their exhaust setup.
Anyone have any answers?

Ductless mini split a/c, I put a 18000 btu heat pump w invertor in my 1200 sq ft garage and I'm not gonna lie....it is the shit, was a balmy 75 in there while messing around in the boat getting ready for the weekend, found one on eBay for under 1000, indoor, outdoor, and lineset

Wild and Free

Founding Member
Founding Member
Well in 3 years I bet I like cold and brutal even more as people suck more I like them less and most sucky people don't like cold and desolate.

Ha ha your states name starts with "South" , Us Northerners really know what cold is..............................;:;rofl

I guess after spending over 10 years of my career as a heavy diesel field tech working and living from a service truck all year left a bad taste in my mouth doing major repairs in the middle of winter then spending countless hours soaking in a tub when I got home trying to get color and feeling back into my body kind of takes the fun out of winter, I lose feeling in my fingers and hands once the temps get below freezing really fast no matter the quality of glove anymore. I am sure I have had minor frost bite numerous times over the years.

Last edited:

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Anyone have any answers?

You are correct. The dang exhaust thing is built for slide up and down windows. My is a crank out too. Stood the exhaust port vertical and cranked the window shut pinching it in. Cut some cardboard strips to fill in the gap on top and bottom. My wife said you can't leave that like that. I said you're right, I'll get some duct tape. What color would you like? Ha

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 177
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 127
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84