Bitcoin

WormWiggler

Founding Member
Founding Member
are there other currencies to compete with bitcoin, ie... dogecoin? does one need to pick the winner from amongst all them currencies?

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I need to get an online wallet and get some crypto. Still kicking myself about bitcoin.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
friendly reminder to securely store your cryptos, especially if you own a large amount

BrokenBackJack

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it on here or another Forum, where a guy has a fairly large amount of coins and he can't remember his password. Said something about 6 or 7 attempts he is limited to and he only has 2 tries left before he is locked out. Lost his password and can't find it!
He was talking a lot of coin too!
Now that would suck. ;:;boohoo

fireone

★★★★★ Legendary Member
There was a guy in the UK that stored his password on a separate hard drive. He had bought bitcoin when they first came out at around 25 cents per. Now his sum is worth 100 million plus and he can't find the hard drive. He believes it is in the city landfill but would cost more than that to dig it out.

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
Was it on here or another Forum, where a guy has a fairly large amount of coins and he can't remember his password. Said something about 6 or 7 attempts he is limited to and he only has 2 tries left before he is locked out. Lost his password and can't find it!
He was talking a lot of coin too!
Now that would suck. ;:;boohoo

Yeah I seen that...252 MILLION

ND58201

Founding Member
Founding Member
Why is this crypto still valued in US Dollars if it is so much superior to our currency?

sweeney

Founding Member
Founding Member
If i had an illegal online gambling account i can, i mean could get the euro value on it as well

wjschmaltz

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Schmaltz, whats your take on LTC?

I know smart people that have it, but I don’t. I just have a lot going on with all the others. I came back from over a week without service or WiFi and the old crypto wallet was a NICE surprise.

The only other coins I have other than the ones listed are EWT and SXP. They were riding pretty slow at my last post so I didn’t mention them; but the last couple weeks has been a ride!

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this crypto still valued in US Dollars if it is so much superior to our currency?
Because if I told you one bitcoin is worth 4,980,000 Japanese Yen you wouldn’t know what the hell I was talking about. You can literally match any currency pair, even crypto to crypto. Just type the pair you want into trading view. It’s the whole basis of trading the FOREX market

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I finally took a little bit of bitcoin and litecoin

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I actually think Litecoin is the one to invest in now. It just went over $200 yesterday. Bitcoin is up at just under $50,000. If Litecoin does the same thing bitcoin did it would be nice to have some full coins!. I put $700 into both, $350 each just a week ago. My account is over $800 this morning with the bulk of it coming from Litecoin. I know what I'm doing with my tax return!

Migrator Man

★★★★★ Legendary Member
friendly reminder to securely store your cryptos, especially if you own a large amount
How do you secure it? I’m still skeptical after hearing horror stories of people losing all of their coin with nothing you can do about it.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Down the road when push comes to shove and the world hits a breaking point it isn’t going to matter if you went with paper or crypto currency or “precious” metals if you haven’t turned it into something tangible that people actually need like land, water, fuel, ammo, etc.

Just my opinion, but I’m very skeptical of the future of the paper dollar, the Bitcoin, shiny rocks like gold, and a bunch of commas and zeroes on a computer bank account, or a 401k that matures in 20 years. These can all suddenly be worth nothing very easily.

Again, just my opinion. Just adding it to the mix. Carry on.

Last edited:

ndlongshot

Founding Member
Founding Member
Down the road when push comes to shove and the world hits a breaking point it isn’t going to matter if you went with paper or crypto currency or “precious” metals if you haven’t turned it into something tangible that people actually need like land, water, fuel, ammo, etc.

Just my opinion, but I’m very skeptical of the future of the paper dollar, the Bitcoin, shiny rocks like gold, and a bunch of commas and zeroes on a computer bank account, or a 401k that matures in 20 years. These can all suddenly be worth nothing very easily.

Again, just my opinion. Just adding it to the mix. Carry on.

I wish I could diversify in all of it. Unfortunately you gotta have considerable money already, to take a considerable or difference making stake in any of these. Roll the dice and see where you land in 30 yrs.

Dirty

★★★★★ Legendary Member
I wish I could diversify in all of it. Unfortunately you gotta have considerable money already, to take a considerable or difference making stake in any of these. Roll the dice and see where you land in 30 yrs.

Very, very true...except our landing zone may be interesting enough in 30 months.

BotnoJoe

Founding Member
Founding Member
How do you secure it? I’m still skeptical after hearing horror stories of people losing all of their coin with nothing you can do about it.

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Storing_bitcoins

the above link should have all the information you need to get started. I believe it is best for a person to read about the different options and decide what works best for them. I am by no means an expert, Just would hate to hear about someone losing a large sum of money because they didn't understand the risks. At a minimum, I recommend reading the part on "custodial wallets."

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I use coin base app. Just signed up 2 weeks ago.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 178
  • This month: 147
  • This month: 139
  • This month: 128
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 92
  • This month: 88
  • This month: 84