Alaska Wilderness

svnmag

Founding Member
Founding Member
Must be running short of folks to abduct and experiment on inside the mountain.

snow2

★★★★★ Legendary Member
We'll trash out every square mile of our beautiful country developing, ugh.

Lower 48 western prairie land turned farm/ranch land then developer's come as our population blows up.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trash prestine public wilderness so private companies can build and mine gold. Rich get richer at our expense.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think they are just talking about making it open for public access/recreation/hunting. could be wrong. either way, we know what that will open the door to.

Fly Carpin

Founding Member
Founding Member
i think they are just talking about making it open for public access/recreation/hunting. could be wrong. either way, we know what that will open the door to.
It's already open for public access. Those are our lands. Removing the Wilderness Act protections paves the way for what @bravo said. Rich dicks getting richer on our public lands.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
What's needed is Natural Assest Company's,

Screenshot-2024-01-03-at-9.28.44%E2%80%AFPM.png

On December 20th, the Biden administration announced an international partnership initiative called Landsat 2030, chaired by Vice-President Harris.
Landsat is a partnership between the U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) and the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA). Interestingly, these are two of the federal agencies that are also listed as part of “The Working Group” for Biden’s “National Strategy to Develop Statistics for Environmental Economic Decisions” created in January of 2023.
The “National Strategy” is where the White House has launched the creation of “Natural Capital Accounts,” to capture the value of natural processes and place these on the federal balance sheet.
They claim this “National Strategy” will help them “understand and consistently track changes in the condition and economic value of land, water, air, and other natural assets…providing “data to guide the federal government and the economy through the transition we need for sustainable growth and development, a stable climate, and a healthy planet.”
“Measuring natural assets and maintaining related environmental-economic statistical series—
repeated measurements over time that relate the environment to the economy—are critical
planning tools for a robust economy and financial stability,” they state.
The Biden administration says that both the Landsat 2030 Initiative and the National Strategy are “necessary” for climate stability and a healthy planet.
Landsat is a satellite system designed and operated to “collect essential data on Earth’s geologic formations, natural habitats, farmlands, cities, lakes, glaciers, coastlines and other surface features.” It also “provides imagery at landscape-scale resolution that can be used to support the Department’s efforts to improve environmental sustainability, climate change resiliency, and economic growth.”
The Biden Administration is collecting data about the natural assets, natural processes, and ecosystem services for a reason – to establish these assets to be used as collateral to increase the national debt, create a new vehicle to tax the American people, and use as the asset base for an investment product, such as a NAC.
On NASA’s website, they give an overview of the Landsat satellite system as an “irreplaceable record of Earth’s land surface” helping; decision makers make “informed management decisions” when land use and resource availability issues arise such as deforestation, urban expansion, and water use.
Specifically, they discuss managing water in areas such as the Western U.S. where water is scarce and water usage between agriculture, industry, and residential needs is very competitive.

All public land, forest lands, BLM and/or private property under federal easement will be given a dollar value and then can be traded on the New York Stock Exchange. The comment period is happening right now in the Federal Register,

https://www.federalregister.gov/doc...lc-order-instituting-proceedings-to-determine

Or maybe this isn't what is needed?

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Hard no on NACs. Private companies and eventually Wall Street get to economize the ecosystem? Again the chosen ones get to “manage” our natural resources for us as they see fit, for profit. How do you think that ends? Why don’t we stick with what works and leave it the hell alone.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
No one can say for sure when wars will start over fresh water, but I am positive NACs will play a part by deciding who gets to drink. Even if one were to take the intention at face value, that land will be managed better based on its “performance”, well you know the saying about the road to hell. Maybe I’m way off base and someone here can educate me more on the matter.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Cmon Fritz we know your schtick. You don’t post without an agenda so let’s hear it. I’m actually interested.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
Trash prestine public wilderness so private companies can build and mine gold. Rich get richer at our expense.

They said the same thing about coal mines. 40 years later our community is doing well. Lots of jobs, people are raising families and the country is electrified. Even your computer bravo.

Cmon Fritz we know your schtick. You don’t post without an agenda so let’s hear it. I’m actually interested.

I just said it, the super-rich need more useful idiots to help them set aside current land uses. Not "from themselves".

Rich get richer at our expense.

bravo, you should paint that slogan on a placard and carry it.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
They said the same thing about coal mines. 40 years later our community is doing well. Lots of jobs, people are raising families and the country is electrified. Even your computer bravo.
I’m not anti coal, I’m in the industry. Private land leased out for mining operations is a-ok especially the way it’s done here; within regulations and restored when done. Not a fan of public land being stripped and off limits so a private company can make money. Work it out mining somewhere else and if the dollars don’t make sense, that’s capitalism.
I just said it, the super-rich need more useful idiots to help them set aside current land uses. Not "from themselves".
So why make 3 posts saying “maybe we need NACs” “Maybe that’s not needed”. Just say that. This is why discussions with you seem like talking to an A.I. bot.
bravo, you should paint that slogan on a placard and carry it.
Ok.

Fritz the Cat

Founding Member
Founding Member
I’m not anti coal, I’m in the industry. Private land leased out for mining operations is a-ok especially the way it’s done here; within regulations and restored when done. Not a fan of public land being stripped and off limits so a private company can make money. Work it out mining somewhere else and if the dollars don’t make sense, that’s capitalism.
Do you like to argue for the sake of it. Much of the coal lease is federal coal surrounded by private. Can't mine around it.

Public lands should be utilized.

So why make 3 posts saying “maybe we need NACs” “Maybe that’s not needed”. Just say that. This is why discussions with you seem like talking to an A.I. bot.

The listing of Natural Asset Companies to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange is a very real thing happening right now. Now I am an A.I. Bot for sharing. You are laughable.

bravo

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do you like to argue for the sake of it. Much of the coal lease is federal coal surrounded by private. Can't mine around it.

Public lands should be utilized.
I wasn’t looking to argue. Myself and everyone else here knows that you are good at using your words and shared articles to mislead without with specifically stating your point so you have some plausible deniability. You’ll even quote this and laugh about how out there I am, but it’s true. I’m still not even sure if you are pro NAC or not since you’ve said they’re needed and questioned if they’re needed. You shared testimony that you found interesting; what was interesting about it to you? And I agree public lands should be utilized. How they are utilized is the key. What makes my view of how they’re used wrong?
The listing of Natural Asset Companies to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange is a very real thing happening right now. Now I am an A.I. Bot for sharing. You are laughable.
I know they are a thing. I don’t plan on investing. See if you can communicate to your programmers that your syntax needs revision. Glad I could brighten your day.

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 190
  • This month: 154
  • This month: 142
  • This month: 137
  • This month: 113
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 93
  • This month: 91
  • This month: 88