All horsepower, no brains

Slappy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Screenshot_20230827-111751_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20230827-111646_Video Player.jpg

Screenshot_20230827-115711_Chrome.jpg

These people and all those like them deserve the most aggressive form of rectal cancer. Aside from the fact it's illegal to drive your wake boat within 100 feet of another boat that is working a shoreline with the electric motor deployed, only a true bottom feeder would do it twice.

The sole purpose of your high powered douche canoe is to create a huge wake. Do you think you might operate somewhere in between the boats fishing the east shoreline and the THREE FUCKING MILES to the next closest shoreline??? No, it's probably better to just weave the narrow gap between the walleye boats and the salmon boats...

After sitting patiently and expressionless the first time, the camera and middle finger came out when it became evident I would be treated to another pass with multiple waves splashing over my bow.

It would be nice if NDGF would spend less on the talking signs and clipboard holders so they can dedicate more resources to removing idiots from the water.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Don't you know, this stuff is only fun if you can find a way to force others to watch you.

I was up at Van Hook over the 4th of July. There were some Spanish speaking people there enjoying the beach in-between the boat docks. Two of the gals jumped on a jet ski and started tearing around in the no-wake zone, like literally 50 yds and less from the middle ramp. It took me a while to get their attention to let them know what they were doing was "no bueno".

I had my boat get a lifetime's worth of dock rash on a wind free day by some attention seeking a-holes up at Woodland's Resort on DL quite a few years ago, and still haven't forgiven the jackwads.

rapala_09

Honored Member
What part of those rules says anything done was illegal though?
I feel like the "Illegal to drive wake boat within 100' of..." sentence was made up. Disrespectful? Absolutely.... Illegal? I guess I don't see it that way according to what you posted.

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
What part of those rules says anything done was illegal though?
I feel like the "Illegal to drive wake boat within 100' of..." sentence was made up. Disrespectful? Absolutely.... Illegal? I guess I don't see it that way according to what you posted.

I am guessing he thinks he has a case under numbers 5 and 6 since he stated he was taking waves/wakes over the bow.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
So does this apply to the dough heads in fishing boats that blow by you 50 ft away going 40-60+ mph running the shore line when there's 4 million acres of open water just off the shore line, or the dipshits that think that own a spot and try to push you out, or the brilliance of pulling to to the middle of 5 boats trolling and spot locking to jig rap? It aint just wakeboats.......................... How about the pleasure boaters on pontoons anchored up with kids swimming in a busy area, or the jet ski's racing behind and jumping your wake or.....................

I spend as much time Fishing as I do on a big wake boat, and we also have jet ski's and a toon in the fleet and I can assure you they come in all forms. The worst is when there's a little cash on the table and all common sense and courtesy goes out the window. The ridiculousness I put up with during the days leading up to during the governors cup was astounding. I've also been in the wake boat in an uninhabited bay with no one around, only to have some beach goers or fisherman show up and then be pissed off when we come by and it dislodges them from the shore or they're bouncing around, even though we'd been there for hours before they ever left there own dock.

At the end of the day I find that I occasionally have to remind myself that all walks of life and inelegance are out trying to enjoy the water (many that don't have the experience that many of us do) and we all might have a different idea of what that looks like but the end goal is the same for all be it a wake boat, jet ski, pontoon, fishing boat, sail boat ect. everyones out there to have fun! and chance are, most are looking for that smooth spot out of the wind in our wonderful windy state which certainly creates intermixing of recreational activities. I try to not get to worked up unless it's reckless or dangerous.

Last edited:

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
With all that said, in that picture it doesn't look like it's overly rough out, and not in the bay, and I really don't sea any reason to get real close to anyone. Frankly, if the wind is behaving, we head to the middle of the lake just to get away from people.

espringers

Founding Member
Founding Member
they clearly are oblivious to any issues they might be causing the OP. hence the smiles and wavy hands. sometimes ya just need to draw it to their attention in a polite way. how a person does that from 50 yards away, i have no idea. but, if that doesn't work, the good old double bird normally does the trick as mentioned.

Your behavior hinted at your intelligence on sat but now seeing your profile pic it really drives it home. My kids seen you flip us off and display your childlike tantrum. I apologize for the windy day on sat, had we all not been trying to stay out of it we would have never been near you. We fish just as much or more than we play so I understand the other side. I do want to thank you for this awesome pic of our family though. Maybe the next time you see us on the water you can try to be more sportsman like. I will keep you posted on that rectal cancer wish. Happy fishing.

Last edited:

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
The wakes from wake boats REALLY suck for everyone but the person surfing them. Owners of said wake boats often forget this.

If conditions don’t allow for your fun to occur without negatively affecting other people’s recreation then maybe it’s not a day for wake boating.

Shockwave

Founding Member
Founding Member
The Douchebaggery of many people on the water blows my mind. Just recently I was going into Langeliers Bay to go in for the day. A bigger, sparklier, faster boat decided he should fly past me to cut me off and get to the dock first. Then proceeded to tie his boat up on the end of the dock so I couldn't get to either side while he went to get his truck. Sometime I wish it was legal to teach people a lesson in life.

SLE

★★★★★ Legendary Member
If conditions don’t allow for your fun to occur without negatively affecting other people’s recreation then maybe it’s not a day for wake boating.

Something to ponder, think about that in reverse...........what gives one the right to be there an not the other. If your occupying a spot stops them from recreating, isn't that the same thing? Wouldn't you be disrupting them? Your likely hiding from the wind also, not. What if they were in there recreating first and then you show up, are they suppose to stop? Don't fish bite out in the rough water just the same as the calm water? Just curious..........................

In all honesty, I'm not trying to be an ass and I fish more than many on this board, just trying to remind folks that it often times it isn't ideal for anyone. We have short summers and lots of water activities intermingling on our lakes and trying to make the best of a day that might not be perfect. If it isn't dangerous or a life and safety issue, exercise some patience, take a deep breath put the situation into perspective. To that point, a wake boat going by the OP twice in a single day (2 minutes of inconvenience out of his 1440 minute day) was enough to wreck his day and carry into his Monday. Is it really worth getting that worked up over it?

let me get my popcorn to see how this all plays out though. Carry on, I'll sit back and enjoy the show ...popcorn...

Something to ponder, think about that in reverse...........what gives one the right to be there an not the other. If your occupying a spot stops them from recreating, isn't that the same thing? Wouldn't you be disrupting them? Your likely hiding from the wind also, not. What if they were in there recreating first and then you show up, are they suppose to stop? Don't fish bite out in the rough water just the same as the calm water? Just curious..........................

In all honesty, I'm not trying to be an ass and I fish more than many on this board, just trying to remind folks that it often times it isn't ideal for anyone. We have short summers and lots of water activities intermingling on our lakes and trying to make the best of a day that might not be perfect. If it isn't dangerous or a life and safety issue, exercise some patience, take a deep breath put the situation into perspective. To that point, a wake boat going by the OP twice in a single day (2 minutes of inconvenience out of his 1440 minute day) was enough to wreck his day and carry into his Monday. Is it really worth getting that worked up over it?

let me get my popcorn to see how this all plays out though. Carry on, I'll sit back and enjoy the show ...popcorn...

a wake boat going by the OP twice in a single day (2 minutes of inconvenience out of his 1440 minute day) was enough to wreck his day and carry into his Monday. Is it really worth getting that worked up over it?

Say it louder for the cheap seats!!

Davey Crockett

Founding Member
Founding Member
Question for OP, what kind of boat were you fishing out of ? were the wakes actually big enough to splash over the bow ? I'd be pissed to if it was that bad.

Question for OP, what kind of boat were you fishing out of ? were the wakes actually big enough to splash over the bow ? I'd be pissed to if it was that bad
It was a big Ranger. We knew we were too close and we didnt like it either. After the second pass we left the area completely and quit surfing till the wind went down in the evening.

guywhofishes

Founding Member
Founding Member
Peer reviewed research found that...

When comparing the boats under typical
operating conditions at a distance of 100 ft from the boat, the wakesurf boats
produced maximum wave heights that were ~2-3 time larger, total wave energies
that were ~6-9 times larger, and maximum wave powers that were ~6 to 12 times
larger than the non-wakesurf boats.

https://conservancy.umn.edu/handle/11299/226190

Last edited:

Recent Posts