Antelope Tag 9-C

Trip McNeely

Founding Member
Founding Member
What if gratis tags allocated were cut in half of what they are currently and the gratis was a separate drawing than the regular pool but those that drew could hunt the entire unit? Would free up some tags for the general draw plus give the landowners who get the gratis a better shot at harvesting one if by chance they didn’t have any on their land during the season……or does hunting not take place on only the “described land” now?…….. could be a win win if gratis applicants would be ok only get a a tag every other year instead of yearly

Allen

Founding Member
Founding Member
Can someone post moose gratis allocation if available thank you.

Moose Landowner Gratis License​

Any resident who owns, or leases for agricultural purposes and actively farms or ranches, a minimum of 150 acres of land in the following units is eligible to apply for landowner moose licenses: one in M5; one in M6; two in M8; 12 in M9; 12 in M10; and 6 in M11. Landowner licenses are valid for any moose. Landowner moose license holders may hunt only upon land described on their application in the unit applied for. If a landowner moose license holder is unsuccessful in harvesting a moose, that person may return the unused license to the Department and apply for a license to hunt moose in future years.

NDSportsman

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to eliminate gratis tags completely. Everyone should be in the same boat. Most of these landowners don't give 2 shits about wildlife anyway. Everyone and their mother is getting a quarter just to get a guaranteed tag and they hunt anywhere they want with it. With so few wardens in this state you know damn well it's being abused a lot.

LOV2HNT

Founding Member
Founding Member
They need to eliminate gratis tags completely. Everyone should be in the same boat. Most of these landowners don't give 2 shits about wildlife anyway. Everyone and their mother is getting a quarter just to get a guaranteed tag and they hunt anywhere they want with it. With so few wardens in this state you know damn well it's being abused a lot.
Or...up the minimum required acres to own for said gratis tag to maybe 640 or higher.

Ruttin

Founding Member
Founding Member
Do away with the gratis license. After the e posting fiasco i have cared a lot less about big game hunting in ND.. Sucks paying out of state fees but the time has changed. Don't like paying to hunt either but that is about a thing of the past to.

Tinesdown

Established Member
Or...up the minimum required acres to own for said gratis tag to maybe 640 or higher.
I think that is a great idea but landowners have the power probably will not happen unless other states have it. Seems nd is a copy cat state with alot besides the expiremental e posting/ so yeah hard to say. The electronic gig has put a stop to freelance hiking in a area where i used to walk different areas. Its tough to comprehend how great we had it. Id walk till dead for birds. But no longer its a joke now. So it is hard to think myself 34 year old is thinking of giving up hunting beacuse the b.s that nd has passed. Terrible when u cant find a spot to hike land that i used to walk with out a problem now is somehow posted with the actuall landowner( trust land) bieng dead
Its sick what it has become.

measure-it

Founding Member
Founding Member
E-posting is as bad as it can get! Way too many ways to cheat the system, and makes too many loopholes for the landowners in juristiction. Also, we need to get the ND Game & Fish Department out the the landowners' back pockets, and work for the outdoors people.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
E-posting is as bad as it can get! Way too many ways to cheat the system, and makes too many loopholes for the landowners in juristiction. Also, we need to get the ND Game & Fish Department out the the landowners' back pockets, and work for the outdoors people.
I agree with helping G&F but how do you do that without raising tag prices or making boat ramps pay to launch? You think these crusty old curmudgeons on here bitch now?! Imagine them raising prices…

zoops

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I would argue that Game and Fish didn't institute eposting, that was from the legislature. Send a thank you note to Erbele from Lehr!!

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I would argue that Game and Fish didn't institute eposting, that was from the legislature. Send a thank you note to Erbele from Lehr!!
Well the G&F certainly didn’t advocate for the sportsmen during that legislative cycle… it seemed they were almost in support of e-posting. So I guess I’m not sure what the solution is for us to stand up for our rights when we don't have the deep pockets of these major landowners to lobby representatives.

1lessdog

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Well the G&F certainly didn’t advocate for the sportsmen during that legislative cycle… it seemed they were almost in support of e-posting. So I guess I’m not sure what the solution is for us to stand up for our rights when we don't have the deep pockets of these major landowners to lobby representatives.
I guess I don't understand how this couldn't be put on a ballot and get voted on. Let the majority win, not Farm Bureau, as there the ones that pushed it thru.

CAH

Founding Member
Founding Member
I guess I don't understand how this couldn't be put on a ballot and get voted on. Let the majority win, not Farm Bureau, as there the ones that pushed it thru.
That requires a rep to bring forth the new law. But when everyone is sold out to the highest bidder, it doesnt happen.

Kurtr

Founding Member
Founding Member
If it was put on a ballot would that not piss every land owner off and it would all be posted up even more than it is now.

Jiffy

★★★★★ Legendary Member
Who cares! It's already posted up tighter than a witch's you know what!! Yes, that's all parts of the state.

I honestly couldn't care less if it pisses every landowner in ND off. Zero fucks on that one boys!!

Rowdie

Founding Member
Founding Member
I've been saying it for years. When the average Joe in rural America is priced out of hunting, his kids and grandkids won't be hunters. Eventually, anti-hunters will win there votes. When none of the average Joe's in rural communities hunt, at all, then what?

Recent Posts

Friends of NDA

Top Posters of the Month

• This month: 123
  • This month: 85
  • This month: 61
  • This month: 55
  • This month: 54
  • This month: 49
  • This month: 41
  • This month: 40
  • This month: 38